Reload this Page >

Cordoba day trip

Search

Cordoba day trip

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7th, 2001, 01:56 PM
Erin

Cordoba day trip

Has anyone ever taken a day trip to Cordoba on a Sunday? I'm wondering if most shops and such will be open/closing early that day of the week...<BR>

Old Dec 7th, 2001, 06:51 PM
Graziella

Cord0ba a small city full of people on Sundays, so I guess you will have no problem, if you wish to have a memorable lunch, have lunch at El Caballo Rojo, it is reasonable and food is delicious. Make a reservation just in case. =<BR>( What do you mean by if most shops will be open, I do not know exactly about shops, but you are not going shopping are you?)

Old Dec 8th, 2001, 06:30 AM
Pedro

You will find closed normal shops and open those related to tourism: souvenirs, handmade articles, food products,etc. Also all restaurants and tabernas around the Jewish quarter and the Mosque, where I would point out some places: Taberna Pepe de la Juder&iacute;a for tapas, El Caballo Rojo and El Churrasco for a more formal meal.

Old Dec 8th, 2001, 07:50 AM
Maribel

Erin,<BR>I'll just echo Pedro's advice regarding Sun. shopping. In the Juderia quarter you'll find an insistent souk-like bazaar of souvenir, "trinket" shops that remain open on Sun. at least while bus tour groups and daytrippers visit the Mezquita.<BR>An artisans' studio co op, the Arte Zoco, on Calle de los Judios, is open on Sun. 9:30-2. Meryan, the noted embossed leather shop, closes on Sun. The nicer antique shops will probably be closed too.<BR> <BR>About dining: also highly recommend the charming Taberna Casa Pepe (up Calle de la Juderia from the Mosque, on corner of Romero) for a wonderful tapas lunch, without hordes of tourists, either in the patio or for a full meal in the pretty upstairs d.room, which will be packed with large groups of local families. The welcome is warm and the house specialties creative, particularly their desserts-we had delicious ice cream made with olive oil, yum! <BR>Food critics now rate El Caballo Rojo, (steps from the Mezquita on Cardenal Herrero), just slightly lower than El Churrasco (great grilled meats like pork loin, and salmorejo, a thick Cordoban gazpacho). El Churrasco is around the corner from Casa Pepe at Romero #16. The C.Rojo is famous for its revival of ancient Moorish (lamb with honey) and Sephardic dishes. Both have very prettily decorated Andalusian patios. <BR>Tapas at Casa Pepe will run from 500 pts. a piece & up (two can lunch for about 3,000) El Churrasco and C. Rojo have good value 3 course set menus for 3,500-3,800 pts.<BR><BR>Enjoy your trip!

Old Dec 9th, 2001, 07:01 PM
Graziella

I agree that casa Pepe is also great, be aware there are different rooms , they have rooms for formal dinner and rooms for eating tapas.<BR>We ate both on the Caballo Rojo and in El Churrasco and I disagree with the critic someone mentions, I enjoyed much more the Caballo Rojo.