HopOn HopOff Pass

Old Dec 9th, 2001, 06:47 AM
Linda

HopOn HopOff Pass

Has anyone bought/used this pass. my travel agent is recommending it. is it worth it or should we just go with a metro pass? Thank you, Linda

Old Dec 9th, 2001, 10:06 AM
maggiebawden

If you are referring to the Paris Hop-on, Hop-off - go for it. Take the two day pass for the first two days of your holiday and you will be taken to everywhere worth seeing and spend time there if you wish. It is possible to do all three routes in two days and whilst you are being transported you see Paris streetlife at its best.
When you have finished on the bus, go back to the places you considered most interesting if you wish or just explore smaller areas of interest.
You see nothing travelling underground. Enjoy.

Old Dec 9th, 2001, 11:54 AM
Yolanda

Both my children and a friend used this pass while in Paris and highly recommend it.

Old Dec 9th, 2001, 12:34 PM
elaine

Hi
I don't see the Paris L'Open tour
(hop-on, hop off) as exactly comparable to a general metro pass or a carnet
(bunch of 10 tickets.)
The L'open tour is a tourism/sightseeing route with commentary via headphnes.
It has three routes, with several selected bus stops each near major tourist attractions.
A metro pass or metro ticket can be used on any metro or bus line, at any stop anywhere in Paris that the RATP system goes, plus you can connect with the RER
suburban train system.
I have not used a pass in Paris because I find I do so much walking that I only take the metro once or twice a day, making a pass not cost effective for me.

Old Dec 9th, 2001, 01:10 PM
Melissa

I used it in London. It was great. The first day, it got our barrings straight, then the next day, we knew where we were going, and took the tube. If you are there a few days, get both passes

Old Dec 9th, 2001, 03:09 PM
Jeannette

I highly recommend it. We used it last September and got a great overview of the City that you can't get using the metro and being underground. We also went through 20 metro tickets in 6 days and we walked miles on top of that. Save your legs for the museums and when you're all done, you can walk the L'Open Tour routes if you wish.

Old Dec 9th, 2001, 03:52 PM
Ron

The hop-on hop-off is usually the first thing we do in the city. We've done them in Glasgow, Edinburgh, York, Bath, London, Paris. As previous replies have noted, this is a great way to get a feel for the city and get an overall look at things. While you can use it to get from point A to point B, it isn't very efficient for that. Use the tube/metro to get places, use the Hop-on hop-off to get an overview.

Old Dec 9th, 2001, 07:15 PM
xxx

Regardless of where you'll be travelling, I recommend 'hop-on, hop-off' passes as a great way to acclimate yourself to most any city. Use it upon arrival for a good orientation. From there, you can hone in on the area(s)you prefer and take regular city transport (metro, bus or taxi)