Search

Cordoba

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11th, 2008, 03:55 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cordoba

My wife and I have the option to either stay in Cordoba or in the Ronda area June 30 - July 1st.We will have a car.Both options have a pool and seem quality.Parking probably will be a problem in the city but spending evening in Cordoba is appealing.What do you think?We head to Granada for three days starting the 2nd.Also the website for the alhambra tickets-do we need a tour?And the rail site. Thanks
Old Jun 11th, 2008, 04:05 PM

Ronda.

Cut your stay in Granada a day and spend an evening in Cordova.
Old Jun 11th, 2008, 04:38 PM

I second the vote for Ronda. And I also agree with the idea of cutting a day in Granada and adding that to Cordoba. It's a personal opinion kind of thing, and everyone has their own, but for me it goes in this order Ronda, Cordoba and Granada (which I really only liked for the fabulous Alhambra and cathedral).

Alhambra tickets www.alhambra-tickets.es

Spain Rail http://horarios.renfe.es/hir/ingles.html
Old Jun 11th, 2008, 05:53 PM

I agree with the above posters. I like Ronda a lot. The geology of the town and the area is breath-taking. The Alhambra and the Generalife (Hen er all eef fay) gardens are fabulous, and I enjoyed seeing the Albaicin, but the rest of the town didn't interest me much.

I'd love to go back to Cordoba and wander through the streets. We didn't see much except for the mosque, which of course is fascinating, though some medieval knucklehead put a Catholic church right in the middle of it.
Old Jun 11th, 2008, 10:14 PM

Is there any reason why Sevilla isn't in play here? I'd day trip to Cordoba from Sevilla any day rather than spend the night there - far better hotels, restaurants and evening ambiance in Sevilla than in Cordoba. Taberna del Alabardero highly recommended both for food (different restaurants for lunch and dinner!) and accommodation.

I agree two nights in Granada is enough -- Alhambra (and reservation for it) is indispensible; the rest not so much (especially if you go to Cordoba).

Ronda - we had a wonderful stay in the Parador there - sat on our balcony and watched an electrical storm go on and on and on. Spectacular. As was Tragabuches for modern Spanish cuisine.

Old Jun 12th, 2008, 05:31 AM
GBC

I would make the same reply as that posted by littlemountain, above.
Old Jun 12th, 2008, 12:17 PM
kja

Hi, fredmadcel -

The good news is that you are choosing among wonderful options!

I enjoyed both Cordoba and Ronda, and I was glad to have time during the day and the night in both places. I also loved Granada, and not just for the Alhambra. The suggestion to cut one night in Granada might make sense. As I recall, I found more than enough to keep me busy for 2 very full days - and would not have regretted more! - but I wouldn't have given up either Cordoba or Ronda for a 3rd day in Granada.

As for the Alhambra, definitely reserve your tickets (for both day and night!), but I didn't think a tour was necessary. I found the audio-guide very informative and was glad to be able to use it while proceeding at my own pace.

Hope that helps!