Copenhagen: neighborhoods/things to do with Teenagers

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9th, 2010, 09:00 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello, My husband and I are taking our two teenage girls to Copenhagen for a week or so next summer when they will be 14 & 16. We are going to try and rent an apt in Copenhagen and am wondering what would be good neighborhoods to rent in -- safe, centrally located to sites or transportation to sites, and on the quieter side. I am also looking for suggestions as to what would be fun/interesting things for us to do with our teens. We are active and healthy but our kids can be lazy (oh the teen years!). We like to stay active on vacation but also relax, e.g. renting bikes in the morning then going to a park in the afternoon. Also if there are things that would be fun to do near town I am all ears for those as well. Thanks everyone! jennifer
Old Jun 12th, 2012, 11:47 PM

I live in copenhagen and i'm 14 A very fun place to go would be the amusement park in the heart of copenhagen... Its called Tivoli. Also you guys should check out the city hall and the "round tower". Copenhagen has a lot of parks. The Kings Garden, Fælledparken and a lot of other parks to. I dont really know where you should stay. But as close as the city would be a good guess in case you wanna do sightseeing...! Hope it helped you

- William
Old Jun 13th, 2012, 01:52 AM

You should stay in the small district called Nansensgade. Quiet, walk to everything. Between the lakes and the park Oerstedsparken. Lots of cafés and restaurant. Have your pizza outdoor or lasagne etc. at Fiorita. Try to find an apartment on www.airbnb.com . Look for Nansensgade, Kjeld Langes Gade, Turensensgade, Ahlefeldtsgade. We have outdoor swimming in the harbour, nice clean water. Rent bikes, can be taken on the S-train without extra tickets. So you can also go up north to for example www.hornbaek.dk. Helsingoer with Kronborg castle (Hamlet).
Old Jun 13th, 2012, 07:45 PM

Just curious, why Copenhagen with teenagers.
Old Jun 14th, 2012, 01:44 AM

Why not?
Old Jun 16th, 2012, 11:26 PM

Maybe a walk up the outer staircase of the spire of Vor Frelser Kirke Our Saviour's Church. If they are the screaming kind, it might have the same effect as many of the amusements in www.tivoli.dk
Old Jun 16th, 2012, 11:47 PM

Just been around www.airbnb.com. There are 2 I would love myself, on page 2 Elmegade with a large balcony, and on page 8 a houseboat. If you prefer a hotel I recommend Hotel Ibsen on Nansensgade.
Old Jun 16th, 2012, 11:48 PM

Hmmm. Just looked back at what you wrote. Elmegade is not exactly quiet. There is also a nice apartment in Nansensgade, but on the 4th floor, no elevator
Old Dec 30th, 2013, 05:48 AM

Soljet..you mention our favorite in Copenhagen..Ibsen's. The area is ideal yet a pleasant walk to Stroget, Tivoli, etc.
Have recommened Ibsen's to family and friends for several years.
Old Jan 4th, 2014, 03:11 PM

Hi Tower. Totallly agree. I live in the area. Best in Copenhagen. I think the teenagers might approve.of cafe Bankerot in Nansensgade
Old Jan 4th, 2014, 04:44 PM

You do realize that this thread was written 3 1/2 years ago??

But still interesting info about the Ibsen hotel.