Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   Copenhagen: neighborhoods/things to do with Teenagers (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/copenhagen-neighborhoods-things-to-do-with-teenagers-848866/)

hamburger Jul 9th, 2010 09:00 PM

Copenhagen: neighborhoods/things to do with Teenagers

Hello, My husband and I are taking our two teenage girls to Copenhagen for a week or so next summer when they will be 14 & 16. We are going to try and rent an apt in Copenhagen and am wondering what would be good neighborhoods to rent in -- safe, centrally located to sites or transportation to sites, and on the quieter side. I am also looking for suggestions as to what would be fun/interesting things for us to do with our teens. We are active and healthy but our kids can be lazy (oh the teen years!). We like to stay active on vacation but also relax, e.g. renting bikes in the morning then going to a park in the afternoon. Also if there are things that would be fun to do near town I am all ears for those as well. Thanks everyone! jennifer

William_deWaal Jun 12th, 2012 11:47 PM

I live in copenhagen and i'm 14 ;) A very fun place to go would be the amusement park in the heart of copenhagen... Its called Tivoli. Also you guys should check out the city hall and the "round tower". Copenhagen has a lot of parks. The Kings Garden, Fælledparken and a lot of other parks to. I dont really know where you should stay. But as close as the city would be a good guess in case you wanna do sightseeing...! Hope it helped you ;)

- William

Soljet Jun 13th, 2012 01:52 AM

You should stay in the small district called Nansensgade. Quiet, walk to everything. Between the lakes and the park Oerstedsparken. Lots of cafés and restaurant. Have your pizza outdoor or lasagne etc. at Fiorita. Try to find an apartment on www.airbnb.com . Look for Nansensgade, Kjeld Langes Gade, Turensensgade, Ahlefeldtsgade. We have outdoor swimming in the harbour, nice clean water. Rent bikes, can be taken on the S-train without extra tickets. So you can also go up north to for example www.hornbaek.dk. Helsingoer with Kronborg castle (Hamlet).

captbuzz Jun 13th, 2012 07:45 PM

Just curious, why Copenhagen with teenagers.

Soljet Jun 14th, 2012 01:44 AM

Why not?

Soljet Jun 16th, 2012 11:26 PM

Maybe a walk up the outer staircase of the spire of Vor Frelser Kirke Our Saviour's Church. If they are the screaming kind, it might have the same effect as many of the amusements in www.tivoli.dk

Soljet Jun 16th, 2012 11:47 PM

Just been around www.airbnb.com. There are 2 I would love myself, on page 2 Elmegade with a large balcony, and on page 8 a houseboat. If you prefer a hotel I recommend Hotel Ibsen on Nansensgade.

Soljet Jun 16th, 2012 11:48 PM

Hmmm. Just looked back at what you wrote. Elmegade is not exactly quiet. There is also a nice apartment in Nansensgade, but on the 4th floor, no elevator

tower Dec 30th, 2013 05:48 AM

Soljet..you mention our favorite in Copenhagen..Ibsen's. The area is ideal yet a pleasant walk to Stroget, Tivoli, etc.
Have recommened Ibsen's to family and friends for several years.

Soljet Jan 4th, 2014 03:11 PM

Hi Tower. Totallly agree. I live in the area. Best in Copenhagen. I think the teenagers might approve.of cafe Bankerot in Nansensgade

DebitNM Jan 4th, 2014 04:44 PM

You do realize that this thread was written 3 1/2 years ago??

But still interesting info about the Ibsen hotel.