Copenhagen Airport Transfer

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25th, 2010, 01:31 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have booked a Baltic Sea cruise from Copenhagen for May 2011, with 3 days first in Copenhagen. I'm pretty good on searching the Internet, but it seems I can't find anything that is less than $300 US for a transfer from the airport to my downtown hotel.. I'm 71, traveling alone and really don't want to take the train.
Old Oct 25th, 2010, 01:44 PM

This from www.frommers.com

"You arrive at Kastrup Airport (tel. 32-31-32-31; www.cph.dk), 12km (7 1/2 miles) from the center of Copenhagen. Air-rail trains link the airport with the Central Railway Station in the center of Copenhagen. The ride takes 13 minutes, and costs DKK27 ($4.60/£2.70). Located right under the airport's Arrivals and Departures halls, the Air Rail Terminal is a short escalator ride from the gates. You can also take an SAS bus to the city terminal; the fare is DKK26 ($4.40/£2.60). A taxi to the city center costs DKK180 to DKK220 ($31-$37/£18-£22)."

Would not think that at a first world city like Copenhagen there would be any reason to book a transfer in advance of your arrival. Just walk out to the taxi stand. If you have the name and address of hotel written out I think you would be fine even with jet lag or any language barrier. Something I have found helpful where I don't speak the language is to print the page from the hotel website in the local language with that information.
Old Oct 25th, 2010, 02:00 PM
Original Poster

I should check out the taxi cost again, as when i entered the info on the Taxi website, the cost was about 120 Euros. Maybe I could take the train. And get directions from the hotel people as to how to get from the train to the hotel...the Savoy. It is a great idea to print the page from the Hotel Website. I seem to be "on and off" about this trip. Thanks for your fast reply.
Old Oct 25th, 2010, 08:46 PM

Don't be afraid of taking the train. Costs 34.50 KR (about $6.40) and the trip takes just 10 minutes to the central train station. Come out of the station turn left on Vesterbrogade and it's a 5 minute walk. At the airport just follow the signs to the ticket counter and train departures. Very easy. Nice trains, free wi-fi even. I was there last week.

Larry J
Old Oct 26th, 2010, 12:46 AM

IMO, there is no reason to pre-book a car. There are almost always plenty of taxis, and pretty much every driver speaks English (I have yet to meet one that doesn't), and, barring a broken terminal, all take credit cards (though you do pay a foreign card fee of, IIRC, 3%). Basically, you turn right as you exit customs and go out the first door and the taxis are right there. Couldn't be easier.

A taxi from the airport to my home north of downtown Copenhagen is roughly DKK 250, which is a little over $45. To the Savoy should be a bit less. Personally, I usually take a taxi from the airport, but I am lazy.

The train is pretty easy, too, but will mean a 1km walk from the station to your hotel. Make sure to take the regular train (head straight out of customs and it will be downstairs past the ticket desks) and not the metro, which doesn't go where you need to go.
Old Oct 27th, 2010, 11:47 AM

Basicly, you have two possibilities: 1) take the train (not the metro) from the airport to Central Station (København H) and walk from there, approximately one kilometre. Or take a taxi. Taxis are plentiful at all times of the day. My guess for a taxi fare is DKK 150-200, approximately US$ 30. There are no (or very few and very expensive) airport shuttles or transfer services in Copenhagen. People rely on public transportation and taxi service. Alle taxis take credit cards.