Reload this Page >

cool paris website

Search

cool paris website

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28th, 2002, 03:00 AM
belinda

cool paris website

http://photos.pagesjaunes.fr/1/d/home_paris.htm<BR>I found this website through the Savvy Traveler website which I found by noodling around while fodors was down. Ah, the silver lining. Anyway, this website allows you to virtually walk around Paris. You either click on the map or enter an address and you see a photo of the address and then can navigate up or down the street, around the corner, click on the next street over, etc. I was able to view our hotel front, walk down the street, see the bar on the corner (woohoo) and see where the hotel is relative to Notre Dame and Musee d'Orsay. Hope someone else enjoys it as much as I did.

Old Feb 28th, 2002, 05:15 AM
Paris

Cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old Feb 28th, 2002, 05:20 AM
dena

Hi Belinda, Thanks for the great web site. I just saw the hotel I will be staying at in July! And also the street where I have stayed before. Thanks for the tip!

Old Feb 28th, 2002, 01:32 PM
xxx

ya coulda found it here. it's cited all the time, and, it is cool.

Old Feb 28th, 2002, 02:43 PM
Randall Smith

Greatings,<BR><BR>I have another related site that you might be interested in checking out. It is called PlanResto, and it is at the following url&gt; http://paris.planresto.fr/<BR><BR>I enjoy both of these sites, I love wondering the streets of Paris on the first, the second actually has video describing the restaurant and the cuisine. <BR><BR>I like these sights so well, they are the first two links on my links page on my website.<BR><BR>Have fun!!!!<BR><BR>Ciao,<BR><BR>RJS

Old Feb 28th, 2002, 02:47 PM
xxxxx

Yo Belinda the pagesjaunes site has been posted on this website probably 50-60 times! Cool anytime.

Old Feb 28th, 2002, 06:34 PM
belinda

Ahh once again, a web post late and a search short. Oh well, for those, like me, who had not seen the link before, I hope it was worth it. Anything like this available for Rome?

Old Feb 28th, 2002, 09:09 PM
Tina

Thanks for bringing it up, I had missed it previously.

Old Feb 28th, 2002, 11:32 PM
HelenJ

Randall<BR><BR>The paris.planresto site is great. The restaurants with the sound & pictures is a wonderful way to "get your ears tuned" to the French language - it sure is different to my high school French (from many years ago). I am a "frequent" pagesjaunes user, so this site adds another dimension to the pictures in my mind of Paris. Of course, I know nothing will compare with THE REAL THING when I eventually get there later this year.

Old Mar 1st, 2002, 07:12 AM
XXX

try virtourist.com. It has photographic tours of Paris and Versailles including some 360 shots and brief descriptions. Has other European cities as well (and of other countries all over the world). Enjoy. Marge

Old Mar 3rd, 2002, 12:52 PM
R

I am fairly new to this, so I appreciate you noting this web site for me. It may have been mentioned many times before, but not all of us are constantly on the computer. Thanks again. It IS cool. Does anyone know of a site for London? O.K. I'm sure it has been on here a hundred times also, but I don't find it anywhere.

Old Mar 3rd, 2002, 01:29 PM
xxx

R.new? why would you post a serious question about London on a Paris thread?

Old Mar 5th, 2002, 07:54 AM
Betty

I just pulled up this web site and I am not sure if I like what I saw! My hotel address is 1 Rue Augereau and we are going in late August. It looks kinda dark and spooky! what do you think? Can anyone recommend a rather inexpensive hotel ($100.00 or less) that is in a good area with lots to see. This area is about 3-4 blocks from the Eiffel Tower and may be fine. It may be typical Paris. Please give me your input! Betty

Old Mar 5th, 2002, 08:18 AM
andib

J'ADORE this site. However, Betty, I agree that it makes Paris look kind of gloomy, which it decidedly is not. Paris even on a cloudy day is gorgeous! But the pictures are fairly dark. If you haven't been to Paris before, I could see where these photos might give you pause. I wouldn't worry - your hotel is probably just fine.

Old Mar 5th, 2002, 08:19 AM
parislover

Betty: Have you been to Paris before? That hotel (Hotel de Londres) looks like most 2 or 3 even 4 star hotels in Paris, I am not sure what you don't like about it. It's a typical parisian townhouse like most of the small hotels.<BR>Be happy it's on a small street, less noisy at night.<BR>The area is absolutely ok, even quite upscale and residential around Ecole Militaire.

Old Mar 5th, 2002, 08:37 AM
Betty

Well thanks a lot for the input! It is a 3 star Hotel and you have both made me feel a lot better! Viva la France!

Old Mar 5th, 2002, 10:16 AM
Sueq

Betty, I agree: Londres looks fine. I have read more things about the creperie/restaurant Agnes next door--Rick Steves' forum has many long, interesting, funny anecdotes about Agnes and her dog Gypsy, but if I were that close, I would have to stop in just out of curiosity. His site is unwieldy to use IMO, but if you are interested, I'd be glad to e-mail you the ones I copied.

Old Mar 5th, 2002, 04:00 PM
Betty

Seuq, that would be great! Please do that. [email protected]. Thanks! Are taxis very expensive in Paris? What is a good cabaret (other than the Crazy Horse and Moulin Rogue?) They may be a little too expensive for us. We are going on a shoestring.................

Old Mar 5th, 2002, 05:18 PM
elvira

Betty, if you're on a shoestring, don't use taxis for daily trips. Use the buses, the metro, and your feet. Lots of luggage on arrival? Yeah, pop for a taxi from the train or airport. Late night clubbing? Yeah, pop for a cab.<BR><BR>As for the Crazy Horse/Folies Bergere cabaret genre, they are expensive and very touristy. If it's something you've always wanted to do, then pony up the money and enjoy your evening. If it's the aura they produce in your mind as part of Paris, skip it. Go to a jazz club or a smaller cabaret, like le Loup (or ask the concierge or desk clerk at your hotel for a reco), which is more of what Parisians do for a night out. For a really unique evening, try Chez Michou. It's female impersonators and is quite entertaining.<BR>

Old Mar 6th, 2002, 05:34 AM
Betty

Thanks for the info. Chez Michou sounds like a hoot - will probably take that in. I am going to post a new request to ask for some more suggestions! This is a great webside.Betty