Reload this Page >

Cooking class in Paris?

Search

Cooking class in Paris?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31st, 2002, 05:09 AM
bette

Cooking class in Paris?

I will be traveling with my husband to Paris this spring. While he is attending meetings I thought I would like to take a 1/2 day cooking class - hands on or demostration. I do not speak very much French. Has anyone done this? Any information? Thank you bette

Old Jan 31st, 2002, 08:16 AM
topper

Hi, bette,I topped a cooking class thread for you

Old Jan 31st, 2002, 10:55 AM
elvira

I've done it:<BR>www.inti.fr/fmeunier Francoise speaks fluent English, classes are about 10 people, she's a great personality and an excellent teacher<BR><BR>www.ritzescoffier.com Chefs don't speak English, but they have an assistant who seamlessly translates into English. The class is over no one's head, there's maybe 10 people in the class (demo is much larger - thirty or more), you learn a LOT and even get a certificate!<BR><BR>www.theinternationalkitchen.com/lesson.htm#paris Paulle Caillat took two of us to a street market at the Bastille, then we took all the stuff we bought back to her apartment where we prepared everything for lunch. Great recipes, lots of good tips, then after lunch she took us to Dehillerin and a really great spice shop.<BR><BR>Just do it, bette, it's too cool for school... <BR>

Old Jan 31st, 2002, 11:01 PM
topper

topping

Old Feb 1st, 2002, 08:45 PM
Betty

Just received my weekly newsletter from Bonjour Paris and noticed this article. Looks like it has just the sort of information you are looking for. Since this is just the first of 3 articles on the topic you might want to subscribe to the newsletter. It's free.

Old Feb 1st, 2002, 08:49 PM
Betty

Darn! I did it again - forgot to include the website. Here it is.<BR><BR>http://www.bparis.com/newsletter1464...?doc_id=100358

Old Feb 1st, 2002, 10:12 PM
Kathi

Bette,<BR><BR>I will also be traveling to Paris with my husband this spring. I have heard good things about Paulle Caillat. I am definately going to do a cooking school,<BR>just haven't decided which one.<BR><BR>When will you be in Paris? I arrive the 6th of April thru the 15th. <BR><BR>I just love this site!! I am learning so much from all the posters. This will be my first trip. Thank You everyone.

Old Feb 16th, 2002, 05:53 AM
tothetop

ttt

Old Feb 16th, 2002, 06:53 AM
Wendy

Kathi,<BR>I will be in Paris while you are there, for three weeks with a group of gourmets, feel free to e-mail me and I will share some of what we are doing, and who we are cooking with if you are interested?<BR><BR>~Wendy~