Search

Convents?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27th, 2001, 08:56 PM
Savannah

Convents?

I am looking for inexpensive lodging in Italy. It's been suggested that I look at convents. But I'll be traveling with a male friend. We are plationic friends and will want two beds. I know that the nuns often enforce curfews. Would they have a problem with us sharing a room? Thx

Old Nov 28th, 2001, 02:57 AM
Frankie

You will need to look for something different or you may get two rooms

Old Nov 28th, 2001, 09:08 AM
xxx

Why not just say that you're a married couple, but prefer to sleep in separate beds.

Old Nov 28th, 2001, 09:51 AM
Tina

I'm not sure how that would work. Has anyone stayed at a convent that could help with this question. Maybe you should just lie about being married.

Old Nov 28th, 2001, 10:17 AM
Beth

<BR> <BR>http://www.sunspot.net/travel/sns-florence.story (Baltimore Sun article)<BR><BR>http://www.monasteriesofitaly.com/<BR><BR>The Sun article is about convents and even mentions that a nun said she did not need proof of marriage! <BR><BR>The second site generally offers monasteries that offer lodging. I think either sounds like fun.<BR><BR> <BR>

Old Nov 28th, 2001, 11:40 AM
Umbriana

The nuns would neither care nor ask any question about your marital status. Simply ask for a double room with two beds. If they don't happen to have one available, in a lot of cases, the letto matrimoniale can be pulled apart to create two seperate beds. There is no need to lie or make a big deal about your relationship, the only two things the nuns will ask is your respect of the convent's atmosphere and adhere to the curfew.