Notices

Limo Service in Paris

Old Nov 28th, 2001, 08:05 AM
Esmerelda

Limo Service in Paris

Joseph,
Where you're asking to go should not be that expensive, unless you have several steamer trunks & some large orchestra instruments like a tuba!

Are you in North America? Phone PariShuttle to schedule van service, if you are. Toll-free # is 888-426-2705. They are reliable and VERY reasonably priced!

Old Nov 28th, 2001, 08:13 AM
donna

try autoeurope.com--I know they have private car services--not sure of rates.

Old Nov 28th, 2001, 09:31 AM
JC

Many thanks. I'm in the DC area ... the service I'd contacted was Avis, listed in the Paris Access Guidebook ... $150-$230 was their estimate, but they had to contact a firm in Paris to be sure. I will definitely try the firms you suggested. We are four folks, one suticase each, plus a carry-on. Nope, no steamer trunks. Normally I's telephone a taxi, but this will be New Year's morning, and I'd like to be sure we make the flights. Thanks, JC

Old Nov 28th, 2001, 09:57 AM
Beth

In August(2001), we (four of us) used PariShuttle (parishuttle.com) for both pick-up and return to the airport. There is a toll free number to call after you have your luggage. For the first trip, we did share the van with another and got a bit of a tour while dropping him off; for the return to the airport, it was only our party. Below are the rates I have copied from their website. (The Euro just about equates to a US dollar). I believe we paid $16 per person. The driver even went into the airport to get a luggage cart for the shopper in our group! Call from the U.S. and you get a delightful young woman with impeccable English; and then you call a day or so before you leave and arrange the return to the airport. No steps, no trains, no crowds - but we did tip the drivers because they were so great.

1 Person 150 FF 23 ?
2 to 5 Persons 95 FF 15 ?
6 to 8 Persons 85 FF 13 ?
Children (3-10 years) 70 FF 11 ?

Old Nov 28th, 2001, 10:01 AM
Beth

The "Euro" sign translated into the "?" - in case you are wondering why it is at the end of the quotes.

Old Nov 28th, 2001, 10:33 AM
Christina

I'm not sure if being holiday morning makes a difference, but I agree that I might be a little nervous about that and book a car. I have used Carey Limosine service in Paris very satisfactorily and they are very reasonably priced, I only paid about $75 for about 1-2 hrs of their service involving two stops (although that was a discount I got) as I had some business to conduct, and they have English-speaking drivers if that would help; I don't think it will cost you as much as you were quoted. They have an office in Paris which I believe is at this URL: www.sportinglimoousine.com (I think that company is really Carey franchise or something). If not, try www.careyint.com

Old Nov 28th, 2001, 10:37 AM
Grasshopper

JC, after reading this thread I just went to the Parishuttle website and reserved for Jan. 1. Easy as pie. I haven't gotten the email confirmation yet but it seemed very simple. We fly at 9 am. I imagine they'll be picking us up awfully early. Maybe we'll just stay awake from the celebrating!

Old Nov 28th, 2001, 10:42 AM
JC

Many thanks to all of you. I called Parishuttle and arranged for the January 1 pick-up. Spoke with Claude, and he was very nice. Total for the four of us - FF 356. They do a pre-payment, and prefer VISA over AmEx. I reached him on 888-426-2705, and he gave me a number to call in Paris to reconfirm: 08-00-505-610. Thank you for helping us ... I know I can always count on Fodors. By the way, I'm using "Cheap Eats" this time, even for NYE (although two are splurging for lunch at Taillevent). So, I'll post a few reactions upon our return. To be truthful, I really have no business going to Paris right now ... I just paid my bills from S. Africa and then booked another trip to SA and Botswana for next September. But I seem to be a fool when it comes to travel ... I am not complaining, only laughing, as usual. Ciao

Old Nov 28th, 2001, 11:45 AM
cdf

I never thought to book a private car in advance, our hotel called the day before and booked for us,a Mercedes sedan,quite enough room for 2 or 4. He was there on time and it cost us about $60-from the Left Bank to CDG.