Reload this Page >

Continental Flight To Scotland

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13th, 2002, 08:13 AM
Bethal

Has anyone flown to Glasgow from Hartsfield in Atlanta, through Newark to Glasgow. Am looking at the rate of a flight there in September. Is it easy getting through Newark Airpot? Do they have moving sidewalks or trains to take you to the gate?. It seems easier to change planes at the beginning of the trip, rather than the end as you must do with British Air at Gatwick.

Old Jun 13th, 2002, 08:19 AM
British

Repeat after me "British airWAYS, British AirWAYS, British AirWAYS. Why do Americans ALWAYS insist on saying British AIR???? Do we call Continental - Continent, I don't think so. So PLEASE call the airline by its proper name. Thank you.<BR><BR>p.s the "Chunnel" is another, how silly does it sound? It's the Channel Tunnel or the tunnel! No one in the UK (except Americans living here perhaps) calls it the chunnel.

Old Jun 13th, 2002, 08:36 AM
LivinginLondon

I have not taken that specific route, but I have flown from the States to London, via Newark.<BR><BR>If you must make a connection, I do think that it is easier done on the front end of the trip. I had an hour and a half flight to Newark and then a six hour flight from Newark to London. I felt as if it made the trip seem shorter, since the transatlantic leg was only 6 hours. I presume that the Newark/Glasgow flight would be similar in length.<BR><BR>I don't recall if Newark Airport had moving sidewalks or shuttles. I also don't recall any difficulties either.<BR><BR>Hope this helps!

Old Jun 13th, 2002, 08:39 AM
pinkehall

Newark has been undergoing an extensive transformation so is getting easier and easier to get around. You will arrive at Terminal A coming from Atlanta. You will need to take the monorail to Terminal C where Glasgow departs from. Yes, there are moving walk-ways in each of the 3 "fingers" but not the concourse that connects them. All fingers have places to eat, with C1 & C2 having food courts. <BR>We are regulars at Newark Internationl Airport and have also flown to Glasgow with ease. Enjoy!

Old Jun 13th, 2002, 09:17 AM
xxx

Might want to lighten up a bit British.

Old Jun 13th, 2002, 10:08 AM
mauld

I agree with pinkehall, it should be fairly easy to transfer. You will be arriving in Term A, take the monorail to Term C. Your bags will most likely be checked all the way through to Glasgow, so no worries there. Yes, there are lots of restaurants & shoppes in Term C as well as a new larger duty free store. The trip on the monorail will be under 10 minutes. They do have 'moving sidewalks' down to the gate so you should be fine there. On your return though, if again going via Newark, remember you will have to pick up your luggage at Term C and transport it to Term A for your return to ATL.

Old Jun 13th, 2002, 11:10 AM
British

XXX<BR><BR>Who do you think you are you telling me to lighten up, and under an annonymous name???<BR><BR>DO YOU WANT TO COME OUT HERE AND SAY THAT ... EH??

Old Jun 13th, 2002, 11:14 AM
Tony Hughes

Bethal<BR><BR>I've connected through Newark then flown to Glasgow. It's very easy. As I currently live in Scotland, I also prefer this method -but it's not always the cheapest.

Old Jun 13th, 2002, 11:22 AM
Cary

Yo British....Calm down and take a pill!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old Jun 13th, 2002, 01:31 PM
Ryn

Perhaps since British is a purist, he/she would prefer that we said BOAC?

Old Jun 13th, 2002, 01:40 PM
Ann

Is your luggage checked through? We flew through Newark from Dublin, on the way to DC, and it took a full 90 minutes for our luggage to appear. We thought we had plenty of time with the connection (more than 2 hours from touchdown to take-off), and ended up running through the airport, scaring children on the monorail, pleading to cut in line at security, and arriving at our flight as the doors were closing.<BR><BR>

Old Jun 13th, 2002, 01:41 PM
Ann

BTW, British,<BR><BR>It's really really hot in Florida in July, and it's not really an easy day's drive from DC or NY to Orlando or New Orleans. Why oh why does every Brit come to Florida in July of all times, and think that the US is the same size as the UK?