Context Rome: Other Services?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11th, 2006, 11:26 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone used Context Rome for anything besides their tours/itineraries? I know their tours get rave reviews but I noticed on their site they offer other services like cell phone rental and train ticket reservations (They said there is non-stop train Rome to Pompeii on Sat and Sun mornings!).

Anyone have any reviews on these other services from them?
Old Apr 11th, 2006, 11:45 AM

No review, but I just checked on www.trenitalia.com for Saturday, 10 June, and Sunday, 11 June.

There is indeed a Eurostar that leaves Roma Termini at 6:45 a.m. and arrives at Pompei (note spelling; the modern town of Pompei, not the excavations at Pompeii) at 9:00 a.m. Presumably you can take a bus or a taxi from the station to ancient Pompeii.

I don't know how much ContextRome charges to reserve on these trains (probably a lot, knowing the organization...). Since the trains are regular Trenitalia trains, I see no reason why you can't buy your own tickets and save yourself ContextRome's cut.
Old Apr 11th, 2006, 11:50 AM
Original Poster

Thanks Eloise. I thought it was strange that I hadn't heard of the direct train on the weekend on the boards before. If the time works, it seems like the way to go. And I definately would get my tickets on my own and not through a third-party.

I am still wondering about the other Context Rome services, i.e. transfers, cell phones, etc. Thanks!
Old Apr 11th, 2006, 11:56 AM

Hello,

We just got back from Italy March 21. We used Context for a phone (everything with that went really well), for tours and to make reservations at the 2 museums in Florence. Everything was wonderful! When we went to Pompeii with them, one guide took us on the train and introduced us to another one who did our Pompeii, Naples tour. On the way to Naples on the train, the guide told us she was doing a private tour with 4 women just to do shopping in Rome. They made our trip! We arranged our own trains from Rome to Florence and to Venice and back using the internet at home. It was very easy. Seating is funny though. When they ask you pick 2 seats, it would seem like seats 42 and 43 should be side by side but they are across from each other.
Old Apr 13th, 2006, 12:47 PM

shopping tour huh, that sounds interesting!
Old Apr 13th, 2006, 01:42 PM
jgg

We used them for tours of the Vatican and Ancient Rome, and did use them to book our train tickets to Venice, and then Venice to Florence. I hadn't done it before we left, and when we met with Petulia for our orientation meeting, I just decided it was sooo much easier to have her do it. She took care of it and had them delivered to our hotel. At that point, It was worth it as one less thing for me to worry about. They really are great with all their services.