Construction all over London?

Old Apr 26th, 2002, 07:26 PM
Anna

Construction all over London?

I just read a message that stated that recently London has been having alot of constuction, and that even some of the roads are being completely redone - is this true?

We are planning to stay in Chelsea in early June - is their construction going on now in this area?

Old Apr 26th, 2002, 07:58 PM
janis

Anna: there is ALWAYS construction all over London. It is a huge city and there are road works, new developments, renewals - just like in any large city. London has been in a major building boom for several years and especially since all the Millenium projests

Old Apr 26th, 2002, 11:58 PM
Anna

How about the Chelsea area - any major construction that's going on now or in June?

Old Apr 27th, 2002, 02:43 PM
neville

Major roadworks in Central London for the next few months are around Trafalgar Square and Vauxhall Cross, which tend to snarl up the traffic..nothing in the Chelsea area as far as I know.

Old Apr 27th, 2002, 06:23 PM
Lori

Anna, we were just in Londob. Chelsea did not seem to have any major street work going on (but who knows, they could by June). It just seemed to us (and we've been in London many times) that there was more then usual amounts of construction going on. The skyline is a sea of cranes too.