Connecting flights at FCO

Apr 19th, 2008, 06:41 PM
Original Poster

Connecting flights at FCO

I have the following in my notes for FCO from last year, and I wonder if it's still good advice: "Do NOT follow the signs from the International Terminal (C) to domestic A (up & down escalators, through a thousand barriers). Get out of International as soon as you can, take the outside sidewalk to the domestic terminal, about 5 minutes at most." Can someone tell me if this is still the best way to get from an AA flight landing at C to a domestic Alitalia flight (I hope!). Thanks for the help.
Apr 25th, 2008, 11:49 AM

just topping---need answer also
Apr 25th, 2008, 12:05 PM
J62

Last summer I waited in line at immigration for 60min for a regular international arrival into Rome. (7:30am, AA arrival).

I have no idea how long it took to get through immigration for a domestic transfer, but "out of international as fast as I can" would not have been fast by any measure.

Wait for baggage claim was an additional 45min., which I assume does not apply in your case if your bags are checked through.

Apr 25th, 2008, 12:16 PM

..just did this 2 weeks ago. Flew into International terminal and had to get a connection 75 minutes later at terminal A. I followed the excellent instructions to exit to the sidewalk which were given to me here on Fodors. I made the connection with plenty of time to spare (carryon and no wait at immigration).
Apr 25th, 2008, 02:11 PM
Original Poster

Travelbunny, I have searched for those instructions and can't find them, other than to exit and walk along the sidewalk outside. If you have anything to add, we'd love to hear it. Thanks very much.
Apr 25th, 2008, 05:27 PM

..whoops- may have been on trip advisor (must I admit that I am unfaithful??). I just walked out the door and turned L..the walk was minutes and very easy.
Apr 25th, 2008, 05:48 PM
Original Poster

Thanks, TB. And I would imagine that most of us are -- gasp -- unfaithful from time to time!
Apr 25th, 2008, 06:17 PM

Bookmarking will need next month
thanks for the tip.