Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Confirm these things before you book yourself at B&B accommodation.

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18th, 2013, 01:22 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bed and Breakfast are most famous accommodations in nowadays. So many people are preferring B&B accommodation to stay during the journey. But we should confirm some things before the booking of B&B. Here are some points regarding to it.

1) The location of Bed and Breakfast accommodation is very important. So confirm that where it is situated and how long it is from your desired destination. Another thing about the location is the atmosphere of the particular B&B. Is it located in enthusiastic and refreshing atmosphere or not? Etc.

2) Make sure about your requirements into the bedroom and bathroom. Such as size of bed, kind of pillow comfort of that bed etc.
Ask following things about the bathroom. Are they providing common bathroom or separate bathroom? If you want a separate bathroom then ask them about that and confirm.
They should provide clean towels, bed sheets and pillow covers.

3) Ask about their facilities and services. Which facilities they provide like AC, instant coffee maker, water heater and about your own demand.

4) Make sure that they provide good quality of food in the breakfast. If you are allergic to anything then ask them for special food.

5) Make sure about the parking facility. Many B&B provides ‘pay and park’ service, so ask about it.

If you want to add any other important aspect of before reservation then you can put it here.
Old Jun 18th, 2013, 09:17 AM

There's nothing unique to booking a B&B. I would ask the same things as when booking a hotel: does the room have an en-suite bathroom, is it a shower or a bath, is it a twin/double/king-size bed, is there parking, is it a full breakfast or continental? And how much?

Why would you ask if they provide clean sheets and towels? What kind of place do you stay in?? You don't need aircon (and I've never found it anywhere other than a corporate hotel). I'm not sure what answer you'd expect if you ask if they provide quality food ("no mate, it's cheap sh*te from the cash and carry"). I don't know what a "pay and park" service is - they either have parking (free) or they don't (find space on a nearby road or car park). I wouldn't take parking for granted in a hotel either.

All hotels and B&Bs these days provide tea making facilities, either in the room, a shared area, or they'll bring it to you. The rest I'll find from Tripadvisor and their website, including their postcode so I can scope it out on Google maps.
Old Jun 18th, 2013, 09:28 AM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Another thing about the location is the atmosphere of the particular B&B. Is it located in enthusiastic and refreshing atmosphere or not? Etc.>>

normally locations are thought of in terms of being in town or countryside, not whether it's in a "enthusiastic and refreshing atmosphere". how on earth can you tell that?

otherwise, i agree entirely with a nicecupoftea - those sorts of considerations are universal, not restricted to B&Bs.
Old Jun 18th, 2013, 10:10 AM

AC in an English B&B????
Old Jun 18th, 2013, 12:46 PM

ribeirasacra - hardly a "must" is it? we have it in a few offices and in some public buildings, but rarely in homes as we just don't need it, 99.9% of the time.

now, hot water bottles, they ARE useful.
Old Jun 18th, 2013, 05:12 PM

Received 26 Likes on 4 Posts
I'm compelled to be blunt. This is an inane post. While not having English as one's first language doesn't disqualify anyone from staying in a UK B&B or even owning one, the content is so lame as to make me believe the OP has never seen the inside of one or possibly even the country. So what, pray tell, could the point of it possibly be?
Old Jun 18th, 2013, 05:14 PM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
I think ribeirasacra was commenting re the OP >>3) Ask about their facilities and services. Which facilities they provide like AC, instant coffee maker, water heater and about your own demand.<<

Reading the OP and his other (first) post on Fodors, it sounds like AndyMoody might not have actually ever stayed in a British B&B.
Old Jun 18th, 2013, 05:16 PM

Talk about documenting the obvious! And even getting that wrong....
Old Jun 19th, 2013, 10:33 AM

just read the other thread and it's thrown up an interesting [lounge-type] discussion but I agree that it's a bit weird to start two threads on the same subject, and not to be advertising something.

or perhaps he is, we just haven't found out what it is yet!
Old Jun 19th, 2013, 11:03 AM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
He didn't start the other thread - just posted to it . . .

But I agree - waiting for the other shoe to drop