Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page > Comments please on these London restaurants

Comments please on these London restaurants

Jul 16th, 2002, 03:42 PM
ajs

Comments please on these London restaurants

Will be in London starting this Saturday, and here are some of the restaurants we are considering for one time or another during our stay:

VAMA

Chelsea Kitchen (lunch)

The Enterprise

Thierry's (Sunday lunch)

Aubergine (Is it worth the money?)

Itsu (sushi for my wife)

Sophie's Steakhouse

Most of these are around Chelsea-So. Ken where we'll be staying. Comments would be appreciated. TIA

Jul 17th, 2002, 03:11 AM
ttt

ttt

Jul 17th, 2002, 03:56 AM
Rachel

I don't know about those restaurants, but my husband and I just went to La Famiglia in Chelsea and it was fabulous! It was a nice night and we ate outside. The food was wonderful, service great (not always the case in London) and we really enjoyed it.

Jul 18th, 2002, 01:34 PM
ttt

ttt

Jul 18th, 2002, 01:40 PM
flygirl

Itsu is good, there is one in Paddington Station (or maybe that is Yo Sushi?) and also one in Soho. There is also a Yo Sushi next door to myhotel Bloomsbury (near Tottingham Court tube)

regardless they are conveyor belt type sushi places. yummy, I thought.

Jul 19th, 2002, 04:02 AM
david west

sophies kitchen is full of local trustafarians with loud voices and mobile phones (food is good). If the incessant braying of the idle rich is your thing, you'll love it.

I would recommend the Notting Hill Grill for the same money, its run by Anthony Worral Thompson (big TV chef over here) and is very good.

Aubergine is fabulous, for the same money though try Groson Ramsey at Claridges (the chef who made Aubergine's name and won it it's stars).
Its a fabulous setting too (it'll be £100 a head with wine for either, whether it's "worth it" is a value judgement)

Jul 19th, 2002, 04:35 AM
amy

Welcome to my neighborhood! Vama is great-can't say enough about it, but do make a reservation unless you eat before 7 or after 9. Never been to the Chelsea Kitchen-not too fond of traditional English food. Thierry's is good and they just re-decorated. Haven't been to Sophie's yet but the menu seems similar to an American steakhouse. Definitely second the motion for La Famiglia for great Italian dishes, but for incredible pizza in the typical Italian, thin style try Made In Italy on King's Road. It's across the street from Thierry's and about 3 blocks down towards Sloane Sq. You'll need a reservation here as well, but if you show up without one you can munch on focaccia pizza served free at the bar while you wait.

Bon Appetit!

Jul 19th, 2002, 04:44 AM
ajs

Thank you everyone for the comments. We're off to the airport in about three hours! Guess I better start packing.

Search this Thread