Reload this Page >

Collaboration Museum in Paris

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11th, 2002, 04:43 AM
LarryLamb

Hi! My family and I will be visiting Paris next May for a week and one site I would visit is the Collaboration Museum which I'm told is due to open toward the end of April. Has anyone got any details of where this museum is located, charges for entry etc? Thank you!

Old Nov 11th, 2002, 08:03 AM
xxx

What sort of 'collaboration' would this be ?

Old Nov 11th, 2002, 09:09 AM
elaine

Hi<BR>I've not heard of such a museum and in fact I'm amazed that some in Paris want to dedicate a museum to exploring that part of French history. Even the word &quot;Collaboration&quot; is a pretty loaded one (as opposed to &quot;Occupation.&quot If this is true, I guess after 50 years someone thinks it's about time.<BR>Anyone else have any info on this?

Old Nov 11th, 2002, 09:57 AM
Christina

I'm not sure what this could be about, it sounds an awful lot like the new section of the museum in the Invalides, but that was opened and dedicated a couple years ago, I think. That was a new section devoted to WWII history in the Musee de la Armee in the Invalides, I think it was dedicated to De Gaulle (and is named after him). It covers history about the Vichy govt., but I have never heard it referred to as a &quot;collaboration museum&quot;.<BR><BR>As I said, that sounds like it, but that was a couple years ago so maybe there's something else I've never heard of as Larry's info seems very specific about April.

Old Nov 12th, 2002, 02:12 AM
MrsWatson

If this is accurate, I think its a good thing. As Germany has shown, facing up to the past and dealing with it is something that helps nations move on.

Old Nov 12th, 2002, 06:10 AM
anglo

Before we start throwing stones at French &quot;collaborators&quot; perhaps we should just think about what might have happened if the Germans had managed to invade Britain or the Japanese had occupied parts of the US.<BR>Of course nobody would have collaborated to save their skins or to make a profit would they.

Old Nov 12th, 2002, 06:41 AM
BabyDoll

I suppose this museum will be more about those Frenchies and institutions who actively collaborated with the Germans, i.e. supported their ideas and aims for example the French police who willingly carried out the Germans orders etc.

Old Nov 12th, 2002, 06:49 AM
Frenchie

No FRENCHMAN ever collaborated. Sure, we sold them all our wine vintages from the '27 to '39, BUT WE NEVER SOLD THEM THE '26.

Old Nov 12th, 2002, 10:00 AM
LarryLamb

I believe this is a specific museum devoted to the various collaborationist movements in France during WW2. I will keep searching but thanks to all for your help so far.

Old Nov 18th, 2002, 12:54 PM
Fashionista

I heard old Coco Chanel was one of the worst offenders.