Civitavecchia, Italy debarkation

Aug 20th, 2007, 11:42 PM
Original Poster

Civitavecchia, Italy debarkation

Will we be able to walk to the train station when we get off the ship? The cruise line advises that taxi are impossible to get and the train station is too far to walk to. Thanks.
Aug 21st, 2007, 06:15 AM

From what I've read, it depends on where your ship has docked, but it's about a 30 minute walk to the station. My parents did this a few months ago and said there were many taxis and private cars for hire when they got off the ship.
Aug 21st, 2007, 06:39 AM

The railroad station is an approximately 10-15 minute walk, on totally flat surfaces, e.g., sidewalks), from the port entrance and your ship will probably be docked somewhat further on from that.

The key to this will be how much further on the ship actually is and whether or not the cruise line will be providing any sort of shuttle service (why do I doubt they will be doing so?)
Aug 21st, 2007, 06:41 AM

We walked it last November. It is do-able but with heavy bags it was a bit of a trek. There were lots of others walking too so we just following the crowd. It was nowhere near 30 minsfor us -probably more like 10-15 mins (but it seemed like an hour when I was dragging my heavy luggage along!!!). There were some buses at the port but most had been pre booked by people on the cruise. Good luck whatever you decide.
Cailin
Aug 21st, 2007, 06:58 AM

Just curious, did the cruise line want you to book an excursion/transfer from them?

Search this Thread