Search

citybird

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9th, 1999, 07:03 PM
steve

citybird

<BR> i am flying from los Angeles to Brussels this tuesday on Citybird. has anybody flown this airline? do they have cheap last minute first class upgrades? anyinfo..

Old Jul 10th, 1999, 04:08 AM
Don

Steve, I flew CityBird from Newark to Brussels a couple of Summers ago. Other than very cramped seating, the flight was fine. I have read that their 767s offer a bit more room for each passenger (I was on an MD11). When I flew them, there were some business class seats available for a $200 upgrade at check-in in Newark, but none in Brussels for return. I wish I had sprung the extra $200.

Old Jul 10th, 1999, 09:59 AM
Michael

<BR>I agree with Don. I flew CityBird from Oakland to Brussels on an MD11 and the legroom was the worst I'd ever experienced and I arrived in Brussels with aching knees. But then upon taking them from Brussels to Los Angeles, I was surprised to be quite comfortable on their Boeing 767. So aside from the seating configuration on their MD11s, everything else was fine.

Old Jul 10th, 1999, 06:02 PM
steve

<BR> thanks guys, must be something about McDonell Douglas planes. the MD 80 is the worst plane i've flown on in just 3 hours ya want to jump. 737. 767 are much more comfortable.

Old Jul 11th, 1999, 05:13 AM
Don

McDonell recommends only 9 across seating for their MD11s; however CityBird, and some others, cram in 10 seats across. Their 767 seating configuration is the recommended (and more comfortable--from personal experience with other airlines) 2-3-2 across seating. Cross your legs... I mean fingers, and hope for a 767!