Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Cipriani hotel boat - when can you use it?

Old Feb 3rd, 2001, 05:02 AM
Zoe

I'll be spending my birthday in Venice and we are considering making a dinner reservation at Harry's Dolci on Giudecca Island. We'd like to have cocktails at the Cipriani first. Can we go across in the hotel's private boat or do you have to be a hotel guest to do this?
Don't want to turn up and be embarrassed in front of bona fide passengers!
Thanks
Zoe

Old Feb 3rd, 2001, 08:05 AM
Dona

Zoe -

How exciting!

I haven't stayed at the Cipriani but did go to take a look. The boat wasn't at the dock so we just picked up the phone and asked them to pick us up. No questions - it was easy...

Have a wonderful birthday!

Dona

Old Feb 3rd, 2001, 09:00 AM
Zoe

Thanks Dona - I would have been really nervous about just turning up and getting on the boat if I hadn't known in advance! I'm one of those people who gets worried in expensive shops in case people look down their nose at me and think "what's she doing in here?"!!

Old Feb 3rd, 2001, 11:54 AM
Daria

Hi Zoe.

I got married in Venice last September and we had dinner at Cipriani. In between the ceremony and the dinner we went out to Cipriani and had the photographer take pictures there. We just showed up at the Cipriani dock near Saint Mark's square and I think someone called the boat and it just came out. I don't think any questions were asked and, best of all, it was free. We also went out there for dinner later and the boat was free. The one thing I am not sure about is how late the boat runs because I think we may have taken a water taxi back after dinner. But, that may have been because we wanted to go directly to our hotel . . .

Have fun! I love Venice!

Old Feb 4th, 2001, 02:51 PM
Joseph

If you are dining at the restaurant the free boat will take you back to San Marco's square when you are done.

And, at whatever time you are finished. Just ask for it when you pay your bill.

(My wife and I always seem to be the last to leave every restaurant.)

Joe