Cinque Terre Vernazza

Apr 14th, 2005, 08:58 AM
Original Poster

Cinque Terre Vernazza

I will be going Europe and I am planning on spenind 2 days in Cinque Terre. May 23rd and May 24. This is a Monday and Tuesday. Should I make reservations ahead of time or will I be able to easily find a room when I arrive?? If you have any advive that would be great! This is my first trip to Italy!!
Apr 14th, 2005, 09:19 AM

Call me crazy, but I can't imagine flying half-way around the world without knowing I will have someplace to sleep when I get there. I would make a reservation, but that's just me.
Apr 14th, 2005, 09:27 AM

We will be in CT 5/21-23 & 2-3 wks ago I had to go to my 5th&6th choices to get hotel beds...Sounds like a very crowded place. Not to say that there are not some rooms available, but make a res. if you can!
Apr 14th, 2005, 10:52 AM

Vernazza (for its size) is the most overrun with tourists town in the CT. Definitely try to get reservations.

I stayed at the Albergo Barbara on the main piazza in 2002 - mid-priced, simple with NO frills, but clean.

We will be staying in Monterosso for 3 nights over the same period you will be in the CT and we made our hotel reservations last SEPTEMBER.
Apr 14th, 2005, 01:16 PM

I will be in CT May 21-23 staying at FrancaMaria's rooms in Vernazza. She wouldn't book my reservation unless i agreed to stay 3-nights. I booked almost 10 months ago and some of the other choices were already full.

If you are adventurous you could take your chances on getting a room from the local people who meet the train with signs advertising their rooms.

Anyone stay at the Franca Maria rooms and how are they?

Apr 14th, 2005, 01:27 PM
Original Poster

Any suggestions on where to stay??
Apr 14th, 2005, 01:33 PM

kist79, I just came back from my first trip to Italy. We did not make any reservations other than for our first 2 nights in Venice, the other 9 nights we winged it. We stayed 3 nights in Vernazza, early April. We saw 3 rooms and ended up rented one from maria Franca/Franco (?) that was very nice. Had a view of the piazza and sea. Perhaps because it was last min they would have rented it to us for 2 nights. Actually another couple we met ended up moving into our room after we left for just one night. Our room was nicer than the one they had rented. The cost at that time was 60 euro.

I hope your trip is as good as ours, be aware it can be life changing! If you click on my screen name you should be able to find my trip report.
Apr 14th, 2005, 01:49 PM

We rented from Francomaria last May and liked our room--clean with private bath and bed was comfortable--no frills & not too many steps. Francomaria is a father/son run small hotel. It is just a short walk to train. We were there last May 17 & 18 and it was not over run with tourists--most of them day tripped it to Vernazza & left by 5pm. Hope you enjoy CT as much as we did!
Apr 14th, 2005, 02:54 PM

kist79,
Notice that those who had no reservations but had no problems getting them were there in April to early May. The end of May is already in full swing as far as tourist season goes. I really would try to get reservations ASAP.
Apr 15th, 2005, 07:28 AM
Original Poster

Thanks everyone for the great advice. I am trying to reserve a room. Has anyone stayed at Eva's rooms (LE CASETTE) or Tonino Basso? What was your experience?

Search this Thread