Cinque Terre to PAris

Old Jan 19th, 2008, 09:08 PM
kit
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cinque Terre to PAris

Hello,

We are a group of five who are planning to wander around Italy in May. We'll end up in Paris and then fly home to the States. We've made all reservations for hotels already, but have one night still up for grabs -- the night between our CT departure and PAris arrival. Here's my question:

Our last day in CT is on a Tuesday (checking out of the htoel that morning.) We need to be in Paris the following night (Wednesday), leaving Tuesday night up for grabs.

I know we could mosey toward Nice and take the overnight train up to PAris from there, arriving early in the morning...or is there a better option you can think of?

Thank you in advance for your assistance and thoughts!
Old Jan 20th, 2008, 04:27 AM
kit
Original Poster

lots of CT posts today...
anyone?
Old Jan 20th, 2008, 04:43 AM

If you haven't already seen it, you could take the train from CT (Santa Margherita) to Milan, spend the night (see The Last Supper), and then fly to Paris on Easyjet for around 30 euros. OR, if you haven't been to Pisa yet, you could take the train from Santa Margherita to Pisa, see the leaning tower, and then fly from Pisa to Paris on Easyjet for around the same price. May be easier than the overnight train.
Old Jan 20th, 2008, 12:06 PM
kit
Original Poster

Thanks, Leslie...both are good ideas. Here's another one: Ride the train from CT to Avignon and spend the night there. Then ride up to PAris the following day. I'm not certain how long these train rides are (And am certain some transfers are involved), but it would be nice to see the papal castle (unsure of its name) there, time permitting. Bad idea or doable?
Old Jan 20th, 2008, 03:24 PM

Kit -- It's doable, just not sure its worth the trouble. But, you could go from Genoa to Nice and then Nice to the Avignon TGV station. The TGV station is outside of Avignon now and you would take a bus from there into Avignon itself -- a very short ride. You could spend the night and then take the train (I think just from the station in Avignon itself) to Paris. I'm doing something similar myself in June, but I'm getting off at the Aix TGV station and staying in Provence. Avignon is a lovely town, but I have to say I wasn't that crazy about the Pope's Palace -- impressive on the outside, but very little on the inside, lots of empty rooms. It also didn't help that it was SO hot when I was there in June and there wasn't a breath of air in the place. But Avignon itself is lovely and you would be seeing a little of Provence.