Cinque Terre, Levanto, Italy

Jan 4th, 2001, 11:28 AM
tommy

Cinque Terre, Levanto, Italy

Surely everyone knows something about 5 Terre,(5 lands) the five villages that UNESCO put in their list of world heritage, but if You are searching for info about local people or you're tired about Rick Steve's backdoor (Yaaawnnn!!!!) take a look at www.cinqueterreonline.com. It is an amateur site with info about paths, hiking, photo...
I hope it will be useful... If anyone has tales about his 5 terre travel, please, send me!!! Look at Levanto, that is 2 minutes by train from 5 terre and only a few american know!
Ciao from 5 Terre,
Thomas Devoto

Jan 4th, 2001, 06:47 PM
Liz

Tommy, You are absolutely right, the Cinque Terre is our favorite part of Italy. We started our holiday there 2 years ago and are returning again this summer. We will be staying in the lovely little village of Portovenere which is just outside the 5 Terre which I think is another amazing little town. Perhaps I should now put Levanto on our agenda as well!

Jan 4th, 2001, 11:59 PM
tommy

Hi Liz,
I am happy you answered this way!! I am italian and so i know exactly my country, as well as i know mass tourism. Hundreds of people come to visit 5 terre, and they don't know that Levanto is another jem! Portovenere is also beauty, but Levanto is historically the doorway to 5 terre, it has a great story under Genoa Republic during passed centuries... If you want to see his beautyness, see my photo page in www.cinqueterreonline and take a look at S.andresa church, at the medieval castle, the Medieval Loggia, his 16 hamlets... All thing that you can't find in the usual travel guides...
If you want contact www.villamargherita.net, a site of a just renewed italian villa that is very good imho. If you come here I suggest you to go to Taverna Garibaldi that is a restaurant in Levanto that make regional cuisine

Jan 5th, 2001, 09:55 AM
liz

Tommy, yes I've checked out the cinque terreonline site and it looks great. Stunning photography as well. I can't wait to get back there. I have a love affair with Italy and it is my dream to some day have my own little villa. Can you tell me if during August 1-3 if there are any local festivals happening in the area? By the way your English is great, I'm going to be taking Italian lessons soon and only hope to be able to attain the level that you are at in English. I'm sure it will take some time! Cioa

Jan 6th, 2001, 09:51 AM
topper

to the top

Jan 6th, 2001, 05:51 PM
Liz

Frederico I know people are giving you a hard time, so maybe since you seem to know the Cinque Terre personally you can advise me if in fact there are any small festivals going on during aug - 1 -3 period. The guide books never give information for smaller towns so I bet you can help me. Thanks in advance.