Reload this Page >

Cinque Terre Hotel

Search

Cinque Terre Hotel

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21st, 2001, 08:45 AM
Frank Butera

Cinque Terre Hotel

I would like to book a room In Monterosso al mare in May. So far, I've had these responses: <BR>Hotel Porto Roco $195 (probably more than I wanted to spend) <BR>Hotel Cinque Terre - $113 <BR>Hotel Suisse Bellevue - $85 <BR>Hotel Villa Steno and Pasquale - full <BR>Hotel Palme and Albergo Degli Amici - no reply yet <BR>Do any of you have opinions on which would be the best bet? <BR>

Old Feb 22nd, 2001, 09:50 AM
Frank

I'll put this back on top to see if anyone can help me.

Old Feb 22nd, 2001, 10:43 AM
gluck

Frank, are you and your companions sound sleepers? Some hotels are quite close to the train tracks (although admittedly, train frequency drops off drastically after 11:00 p.m or so. <BR> <BR>How long have you been waiting for a response from Palme, etc.?

Old Feb 22nd, 2001, 01:29 PM
Elina

If you are young...stay in Riomaggiore (the 1st town). Just rent a room there, and hike to Monterosso (about 8 miles) at any day.

Old Feb 22nd, 2001, 02:01 PM
Heather

We stayed at the Pasquale, so I can't give first-person recommendations, but an English couple we met in Monterosso was staying at La Spiaggia and they seemed to think that it was okay. The following is their URL and they have photos (the views look nice at least): <BR> <BR>http://laspiaggia.8k.com/index2.html <BR> <BR>From what I recall, the couple was paying around $70/night and thought the owners were nice. <BR> <BR>Sorry for the scant, second-hand info.

Old Feb 22nd, 2001, 08:28 PM
Frank

Gluck: I'd prefer some quiet. Is either the Hotel Cinque Terre or the Suisse Bellevue close to the train tracks? <BR>It's been over a week since I faxed the Palme and E-mailed the Albergo Degli Amici. <BR> <BR>Elena: I'm going to Italy for my 50th birthday, but that said, my wife and I are in good shape and am looking forward to the hiking. But the 3 days in the CT will be in the middle of our trip and I thought some relaxing beach time would be a nice break. From what I can gather, Monterosso has the best beaches of the towns. <BR> <BR>Heather: Thanks. I'll check into it. <BR> <BR>All of my other reservations were easily accomplished via E-mail or the internet and it was easy to find lots of info on the hotels, so I'm a little frustrated, but probably just spoiled.

Old Feb 22nd, 2001, 08:31 PM

to the top <BR>

Old Feb 23rd, 2001, 05:37 AM
gluck

Well, Porto Roca was a bit (make that well) above our budget too, but bear in mind that the price probably includes a very nice 4 course dinner in a restauraunt with a fabulous view (this was so in our case.) The reason we decided to splurge this one time is that the hotel is well away from the train tracks. Maybe you should consider this your 50th birthday splurge, even if you have to cut the budget elsewhere. <BR> <BR>I'd pick from the ones that have replied to you so far; May is a busy time. I'm afraid I can't really comment on the location of other hotels except for Pasquale and Steno, which is a moot point now for you.

Old Feb 23rd, 2001, 09:53 AM
Joe

We stayed at the Hotel 5 Terra last July. I believe this the Hotel Cinque Terra you refer to. Not trying to be a wise-guyl just establishing that we are talking about the same Hotel. We tried for Villa Steno and Pasquale, but they were full. The management for these two Hotels was good enough to recommend the 5 Terra and it was fine. It is a three star hotel; smallish rooms, but nice furniture and good bath rooms. We asked for and received a "no board " booking as we have our favorite restaurants in the area. Breakfast was fine and the dinning room was very nice. If we churned our necks to the right while on the small balcony, we could just see the water. No trains, very quiet. They have a patio area up front where we would have cocktails/other drinks as we waited for our group to assemble for outings (I had my whole family with me). The ownership could not have been more pleasant or helpful. Have a great time.