Cinque Terre, Dolomite or Lakes?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2nd, 2004, 01:30 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We have two extra nights on our itinerary in October before we need to be in Florence and we're trying to figure out what to do. We're leaving from Spoleto. Can you help?

We want to go either to Cinque Terre, The Lakes, the Dolomites or even Naples/Capri... Somewhere totally different. Either way we know we'll have to back track to Florence but what would appear to be the best one to choose for time? We don't need to be back in Florence until the afternoon on the 3rd day so that gives us a full 2 nights and 2.5 days.

PLease help with this itinerary so I can sleep! Thank you:_)
Old Jun 2nd, 2004, 01:50 PM

Cinque Terre!
Old Jun 2nd, 2004, 02:32 PM

I second the Cinque Terre. 2.5 days is plenty for a quick stop that will surely make you want to return in the future... It was my favorite stop through Italy this year.
Old Jun 2nd, 2004, 04:19 PM

I love the Dolomites but for what you describe Cinque sounds like a perfect fit. Naples is very "edgy"; (I like it but I grew up outside NYC and Newark during the riots.....it can be a rough town). You will have zero regrets if you go to CT. Sleep well!!
Pete
Old Jun 2nd, 2004, 04:23 PM
Singletail

Depending on travel time you wish to spend getting to "the" destination and mode of travel I'd say you cannot gow rong with either ONE of the lakes or CT.
Lakes are VERY laid back areas and quite beautiful..definitely easy places to hang out and veg out if you want to..or ferry around (in the case of Como) and see a lot of interesting towns and villas/gardens..some quite memorable.

Good luck.

Old Jun 2nd, 2004, 04:33 PM

We loved the CT and the dolomites. We, personally, have not had good luck with weather in the lake region so I can't really comment on that area. I've always heard they are gorgeous! Give the amount of time you have and where you're coming from I would also go with the CT. It is really a beautiful area!! Enjoy!