Search

CIE Tours

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12th, 2005, 06:24 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CIE Tours

We have booked our Ireland vacation with CIE Tours. Just wondering what your experience was like with CIE tours for Ireland. Thanks.
Old Mar 12th, 2005, 06:39 PM

I'm just curious. Yesterday you were asking about whether or not to do the Ring of Kerry and how far of a drive from Cork to Dublin. What made you decide today to do a tour instead? And why did you select CIE, before getting opinions about it?
Old Mar 12th, 2005, 07:33 PM

I am as curious/confused as Patrick. You've posted 5 threads about your trip to Ireland -- all sounding very much like you are going it alone. Best places to stay on the Ring of Kerry, How long a drive to Cork, etc. Since these were posted yesterday and today, it does seem you are planning to do it on your own.

If you really DO want info about CIE -- they are a very good company. But you could do the same trip for less money on your own (and be able to stay where you want in Kerry) . . . . . .
Old Mar 13th, 2005, 08:25 AM
Original Poster

We are doing a self drive tour from CIE.It is at our own pace. We will stay in Dromoland Castle and the rest B& B's along the way. We will have vouchers for B&B's along the way that will accept them. Normally, we plan our vacations a year or more in advance and have always used this site for advice. However for this trip it was sudden- we booked it in January and are going in April. A relative of ours and a good friend used this tour company CIE and highly recommended them. It was cheaper than some of the others- which is one reason we booked with them. We were just wondering what others had to say about it- not that it would change our plans or anything. We will be concentrating mainly on the southeast and southwest of Ireland. Maybe a day in Dublin- might save Dublin for another trip. Thanks for your recommendation.
Old Mar 13th, 2005, 09:20 AM

Do a text search on CIE, you will find several comments about them, including ones from me. We have done CIE tours 3 times, they are my favorite tour company. Definitely the best value. They are run by the Irish gov't which is why they are cheaper than the other tour companies. Great product and no complaints.
Old Mar 13th, 2005, 02:42 PM
Original Poster

I appreciate your reply. It will be our first trip over the Pond and just wondering what others had to say about it. Thanks.