cie ireland tours

Jan 9th, 2007, 10:41 AM
Original Poster

cie ireland tours

My husband and I are interested in visiting Ireland in April on a CIE tour. How good are they. Any suggestions?
Thanks for your help.
Jan 9th, 2007, 10:48 AM

My first visit to Ireland was on a CIE tour. I was extremely pleased with the hotels, the food and the itinerary. Since that time I have returned to Ireland four additional times. The CIE tour will give you just a taste but you will fall in love with Ireland and its people.
Jan 10th, 2007, 11:51 AM

What does CIE stand for? My husband and I are going on a walking tour in Ireland in June with Cross Country International.
Jan 10th, 2007, 12:39 PM

CIE is Coras Iompair Eireann,which is an Irish or Gaelic way of saying The Irish Transport Board. It is the name of the government body which runs the trains, Iarnrod Eireann (Irish Rail) and Bus Eireann(Irish Bus).Irish or Gaelic was the language of Ireland until about 200 years ago when all but a few remote areas changed over to English. Dublin has been English-speaking for about 800 years though.Irish is taught in school to everybody but not many can speak it well. If you listen to Irish radio at www.rte.ie you can listen to Irish being spoken on Radio na Gaeltachta if you highlight "eist" which means "listen" in English.