Reload this Page >

chunnel or Easy Jet, Paris to London

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2nd, 2002, 11:09 PM
tasha

Just wondering, Chunnel to London. Why is it so expensive for one way? Is it better to buy in Europe when we get there or a least have a reservation. Also, Is it worth the time at the airport to fly out or just spend the money?<BR>Thanks,<BR>Tasha

Old Aug 2nd, 2002, 11:40 PM
Preston

Do the chunnel! Leave from the Paris Gard du Nord station. $139.00 one way. Good Luck....<BR>Preston

Old Aug 3rd, 2002, 03:26 AM
demo

I know there is a $120.00 RT fare from London to Paris..book 65 days in advance..then throw away the return portion..maybe the same holds trueParis to London.<BR><BR>Eurostar is so much more convenient that it is worth the extra money to me

Old Aug 3rd, 2002, 03:50 AM
Daniel

95 euros for the cheapest return from Paris to London. www.eurostar.com.

Old Aug 3rd, 2002, 06:21 AM
Rex

Although I have never ridden the Eurostar Channel tunnel train, there seems to be little question that it is faster than flying - - IF you mean from a hotel in city center to a hotel in center city.<BR><BR>And that's why it is more expensive than the cheapest flights.<BR><BR>But many trips to europe might use travel THROUGH London to get to the continent VIA Paris. If you are starting - - or seeking some destination outside London and/or outside Paris, then flying might well save you time, and will frequently save you money.<BR><BR>Best wishes,<BR><BR>Rex<BR>

Old Aug 3rd, 2002, 10:41 AM
up

up<BR>

Old Aug 3rd, 2002, 02:07 PM
Correct Name

For God's sake why can't people call it the Eurostar ??? It's not called Chunnel by anyone except American's who don't seem to know better. I've never heard one European refer to it that way, or any well traveled American either for that matter.

Old Aug 3rd, 2002, 02:16 PM
Rex

I think that "the Channel tunnel train" is a term that gets used. You hear it on the voice mail recordning for raileurope.<BR>

Old Aug 3rd, 2002, 02:21 PM
ger

The Eurostar is GREAT and definately my prefered way to get from the centre of paris to the centre of London (or visa-versa). Clever posters have given you the secret of getting a cheap ticket - buy a return ticket.<BR><BR>If you are staying in the centre of each city, it can actually be much quicker to use the Eurostar, when you add the time to get from/to the airports. It is also much more comfortable than flying (even in business class) as you have far more leg room on the train. It can also end up being cheaper, or at least about the same, as flying if you include the cost of transportation to/from the airport.

Old Aug 3rd, 2002, 06:59 PM

to the top<BR>