Christmas dinner in Malaga?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19th, 2010, 06:46 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Extended family of 9 are still hedging toward staying in Malaga city over Christmas. We are having a time finding an apartment or villa in the city that has enough beds for all of us. So, if we decide to go the hotel route that means we will be dining out for Christmas. Does anyone have experience with spending Christmas Eve or day out in the city? Recommendations for a restaurant? Any other tips for enjoying a memorable Christmas in the city are helpful.
Old Sep 19th, 2010, 11:54 AM

You mean Christmas Eve, 24th at night. I'll check with my usual restaurants, though it is a bit early to know.
Old Dec 1st, 2010, 02:39 AM
Original Poster

Hi Josele or other friendly forum helpers,

I am back and seeking advice for restaurants open in Malaga city center on Christmas Eve and/or Christmas Day that might be serving a special meal. I am sure hotels will have a restaurant open....are there any in particular that get rave reviews? Or will their best chef be taking the holiday off?

The other traveling party will have an apartment but are checking to see if the kitchen facilities are suitable for holiday cooking.

Sorry if this appears to be a double post. I must have clicked a wrong enter button or not somewhere down the road.

Thank you!
Old Dec 2nd, 2010, 10:37 AM

I've been to El Caleño today (in Malaga - East) and they'll be closed on Xmas eve, but open on Xmas day. Christmas Eve is a family holiday we usually celebrate at home, chances are that most restaurants will be closed. But in the city center you may find some with fixed menus, such as VinoMio: http://www.restaurantevinomio.com/menus_grupos.php
which is #2 in TripAdvisor. I indeed may recommend this one, but do not delay booking.
Old Dec 2nd, 2010, 10:46 AM

I don't have any suggestions, just love your user name!
Old Dec 5th, 2010, 12:43 AM
Original Poster

Thank you for the tips! Josele, we are still weighing the pros and cons of Christmas Eve dinner out vs. dinner in but good to have a restaurant option in dining out. Thanks.

Are the Ataranzanas Market hours 8-14? Would they be open for last minute biz December 24th? We would like to purchase the seafood that morning.....but, hmmmm....would the fishermen be bringing in a catch that day anyway?

Thank you!
Old Dec 5th, 2010, 06:19 AM

I believe market will be open with fresh catch from previous night, but just wait for the prices...
Old Dec 5th, 2010, 06:41 AM
Original Poster

True Josele! Maybe there is such a thing as poor man's lobster in Spain.
Old Dec 7th, 2010, 10:18 AM

Another place to check for Christmas eve dinner would be the Cafe de Paris (www.rcafedeparis.com). It has one Michelin star and two Repsol suns.