Search

Christmas

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14th, 2002, 12:39 PM
cara

Christmas

Hi! I am a 21yr old female and I will be traveling to Amsterdam on Dec.16th-Jan.7. I will be visiting some friends who have been studying there. I will be with them until Dec. 23rd and then they are leaving to Copenhagen. I will be by myself from Dec. 23rd-Dec. 28th in Amsterdam. I will be going to Paris on the 28th, by bus and then I will return to Amsterdamon Jan.1st. My friends fly back to the states on the 4th of January and once again I will be by myself in Amsterdam from Jan.4th-Jan.7th. I fly home on Jan.7. What should I do while I am alone in Amsterdam? Again, I will be alone from Dec.23rd-Dec.28th, and then Jan.4-Jan.7.... Thank you.

Old Nov 14th, 2002, 01:49 PM
dont

I have NO IDEA what you should do. I am quite familiar with A´dam, because I have been staying with friends there a fwe years ago. My favorite bar/disco was Korsakoff. I have no updated info, sorry.

Old Nov 15th, 2002, 07:07 AM
tjc

Perhaps you could find a reasonably priced flight to Copenhagen also- the city is very walkable,the Stroget offers varied shopping, and Tivoli is so festive for the holidays.<BR>Another thought -how about a ferry from Amsterdam to Germany?

Old Nov 15th, 2002, 10:54 AM
Lanny

Cara, there are a million things to do in Amsterdam over Christmas and throughout the time you will be there. The fact you are young, and female and looking for interesting and hip opens the world to you at that time. <BR><BR>Take at peak at this website and read about Amsterdam during the Christmas season, and then don't worry about you can do when your friends are off in Copenhagen -- start figuring out what your priorities are for the many things you can do yourself in Amsterdam. <BR><BR>Check for yourself at:<BR><BR>http://www.hiptravelguide.com/amsterdam/php/article.php?sid=76<BR><BR><BR>Lanny

Old Nov 15th, 2002, 08:11 PM
Marian

TTT