Choosing a Tuscany tour guide - help!

Apr 2nd, 2009, 09:44 AM
Original Poster

Choosing a Tuscany tour guide - help!

I know this has been somewhat covered before but.... we are two couples heading toFlorence in October. We have the choice of Luca Garrapa or Allesandro Cammilli for a day tour to the Chianti region. Alessandro is a little less expensive, but my concern is that his car would seat one of us in the front, and then the three of us in the rear, with one us ladies in the middle seat. Has anyone traveled with Alessandro as a group of four and experienced this? Thanks a lot.
Apr 2nd, 2009, 03:04 PM

I guess I shouldn't reply since we've only gone out with Luca Garrapa! We really loved our day trips with him, and still keep in touch. If it matters at all, when we traveled with him, he drove a minivan which was quite comfortable for the four of us.
Apr 2nd, 2009, 03:33 PM

Alex lives in Montalcino. For Chianti I would use Luca.
Apr 2nd, 2009, 04:44 PM
Original Poster

Thanks a lot. Does anyone else have any advice? Anyone use Alex?
Apr 2nd, 2009, 10:05 PM

I'm with Weadles on this one, as usual. Luca Garapa, even though I too have not used Alessandro so cannot comment on him. Luca is a fabulous guide. He will tailor-make your trip as it suits your likes, capabalities, etc. We traveled with my elderly mother about 3 years ago when we hired Luca for two separate touring days and his fanatic love of his country was part of the reason he "infected" us with it and we have not stopped visiting ever since. He is a safe and courteous driver, a fun and intelligent young man to spend the day with and I am pretty confident you can not go wrong by choosing hin. Have fun and good luck!!
Apr 3rd, 2009, 01:10 AM

Take a look at http://www.drivingguidetours.com : they use comfortable deluxe minivan for Chianti Day Excursion. You'll also find prices and reviews.