Reload this Page >

Children's geography/internet project needs help

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20th, 2001, 10:06 PM
Carol

Hello, <BR> <BR>If you're in some country other than the USA and you wouldn't mind having the e-mail described below forwarded to you, please provide a correct e-mail address here. <BR> <BR>A class of American 3rd graders (age 8 and 9) sent an e-mail, with a request that each recipient forward the e-mail to many people. The children ask that the recipients e-mail their teacher, reporting what city, state (if US) and country they live in. <BR> <BR>The purpose is to learn world geography and see how widely their note can spread via e-mail. That's it. Project ends March 1. The children will not write to you (except an immediate, automatic acknowledgement) unless you specially request that they do. <BR> <BR>Please "top" this if you notice it sagging too low between now and Feb 28. Thanks. <BR> <BR>P.S. I already forwarded my e-mail to a bunch of people, but the auto return message said they no longer need more USA people, so I thought I'd try sending it to willing souls in other countries.

Old Feb 21st, 2001, 03:22 AM
topper

Old Feb 21st, 2001, 03:44 AM
kate

happy to oblige...

Old Feb 21st, 2001, 03:55 AM
stacey

I'm in.

Old Feb 21st, 2001, 05:02 AM
Katja

Please, send me the e-mail..

Old Feb 21st, 2001, 05:03 AM
Carol

Thanks. It will be on its way in a few moments. (I feel some life-long obligation tomcooperate with school projects -- used to be a teacher.)

Old Feb 21st, 2001, 06:59 AM
Danna

A school class in our town started a project like this, had to stop. Had over 1500 emails in first 36 hours. It completely swamped the school network. Too much of a great idea!

Old Feb 21st, 2001, 07:06 AM
carol

This school got loads of responses and therefore they no longer want responses from the USA. But they still want MORE e-mail from other countries as of Feb. 20 late at night. (They started Oct. 12.) So, if you're outside of the USA and willing to participate.... <BR>P.S. The teacher opened a Yahoo e-mail account specifically for this project

Old Feb 21st, 2001, 07:13 AM
cmt

I meant they started FEB. 12 (Lincoln, not Columbus B-D).

Old Feb 21st, 2001, 09:09 AM
Sheila

No problemo

Old Feb 21st, 2001, 09:15 AM
Sheila

Nae problem........except my spelling!! E-mail address is as above

Old Feb 21st, 2001, 09:18 AM
Lee

Carol, I live in Erie, PA, but I am currently in Torreon, Mexico on business. If I can be of help, I'll be happy to try.

Old Feb 21st, 2001, 09:23 AM
Sheila

Nae problem......except mt typing <BR> <BR>E-mail address is as above

Old Feb 21st, 2001, 09:48 AM
xxx

Oh dear god! Please be careful of a computer virus when you do this sort of thing! You can unwittingly pass it along and not know it until days later. All it takes is one idiot to screw up all your systems. I'd be especially wary if you are using your office computer.

Old Feb 21st, 2001, 10:30 AM
cmt

Yours are on their well as well. Thanks.

Old Feb 21st, 2001, 10:52 AM
xx

Use this address : [email protected]

Old Feb 21st, 2001, 11:07 AM
Miriam

Hi, <BR> <BR>I`m in, as well...Germany-if it helps <BR> <BR>Miriam

Old Feb 21st, 2001, 03:37 PM
nancy

topping

Old Feb 21st, 2001, 06:06 PM
topsy

Topping for the night people!

Old Feb 22nd, 2001, 03:28 AM
xxx

Did anyone hear whether they still need more e-mails from non US addresses?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -