Chelsea Flower Show

Search

Chelsea Flower Show

Search this Thread

Old May 16th, 2008, 12:16 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chelsea Flower Show

Just found out that the Chelsea Flower Show will be showing it's last day when I am in London. Their we site says I can no longer purchase tickets through them - is there another place I can look to get tickets?
Old May 16th, 2008, 12:19 PM
yk

I'm sure you can buy tickets for a premium, like thru 3rd party agencies.

Google
Chelsea Flower Show tickets

And you should be able to find some vendors. I have no idea whether they are ligit or not.

I will be going on Friday afternoon.
Old May 16th, 2008, 01:21 PM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
You'll have to buy from a broker or a hospitality package -- at a high premium. Your best bet would be to contact the concierge at your hotel. He might be able to get you a ticket -- but it will <u>cost</u> you.

A tip for other years - if one joins the RHS, you can visit the flower show on the first two, members-only days. Worth the cost of membership to get guaranteed tickets and avoid the massive crowds of the final 3 days.
Old May 16th, 2008, 02:08 PM
Original Poster

That's what I was afraid of. This is a last minute thing, I am not going to plan next years vacation around a flower show. And certainly not going ot spend in the multi-hundred dollar prices I am now finding tickets for! But thanks for you help!
Old May 16th, 2008, 06:08 PM
Original Poster

Sorry, that came out a bit snappy, didn't it? It would be nice if there was a way to find more affordable tickets for such an event. I hadn't really even thought about it - thought the flower show was earlier in the year. I just kind of stumbled across teh dates and realized I might eb around for it. i never imagined it would demand such interest - or such high entrance fees!
Old May 16th, 2008, 06:26 PM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
You could always head over to the area around the Chelsea Hospital and you might run into someone w/ a spare ticket they're willing to get rid of. A family bought 4 tix and one member had to cancel or something like that.

Definitely not a sure thing - and if you don't score you can wander down to the nearby Physic Garden and along the river, or up to the V&amp;A, or wherever.
Old May 17th, 2008, 02:49 AM

Cloudboy,

Can go either Thursday or Friday?

There are still tickets available for the evening section at &pound;18 per ticket (5.30pm - 8.30pm).

I will be there on Friday afternoon but bought my tickets months ago.

http://www.keithprowse.com/hosted/rhs/
Old May 17th, 2008, 07:25 AM
Original Poster

Unfortunately not. My flight gets in Friday evening. I guess I will have to do with a DVD of the show. Do you know if they sell those DVD's anywhere outside of the show, or should I order through their web site?
Old May 19th, 2008, 09:06 AM

Sorry Cloudboy I don't know. However, if you are in the UK on the Saturday and have access to a TV, BBC2 are showing the highlights from 6pm - 7pm. Not the same I know but better than nothing.

Enjoy London

Helen
Old May 19th, 2008, 09:53 AM

I'm not sure what technical constraints the BBC might have to set on accessing their iplayer from overseas, but you can see the TV coverage over the internet:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/chelsea/
Old May 29th, 2008, 10:46 AM
yk

In case this thread comes up on a future search, I was at the Chelsea Flower Show last week. There is no gift shop outside the ticketed area, so one cannot buy any souvenirs or gifts or DVDs without being inside the show.
Old May 29th, 2008, 10:54 AM

I want to stres the point someone else made. Join the RHS and go early.

We have done this show twice and did this both times. A great way to go.

And if you are on the fence GO!!

I am not a gardener. I went the first time for my mother who is. It was an AMAZING event. I thought I would spend a few hours with her and leave. 8 hours later I was still there. It's hard to describe but truly worth the time and the money. I hope to make a third trip someday!

(Got to check the dates for next year's show!)