CheapSeats: discount airfares?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7th, 2005, 06:32 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm looking for the least expensive one-way flight from JFK to Paris on 10/20. After checking the usual suspects (Orbitz, Expedia & Travelocity), Orbitz was the lowest - $361 with one-stop in Dublin. Cheapseats.com has a variety of one-way flights DIRECT for $366 & $391 which naturally are more appealing than one-stops. However, I've never used Cheapseats & want to be sure they're reputable. In addition to listing normal flights such as Delta, they list many flights as "White Label Major Carrier" - does anyone know what this means? I'm assuming it's an airline like BA, AA, etc. that doesn't want it's name listed with such bargain flights... but on the other hand, wouldn't want to end up on an Air Third World flight. The catch is that you have to book the flight (departure/arrival time and cost are known) without knowing which "white label major carrier" you're booking a seat on (like Priceline). I haven't done this before and wondered if any of you have had any experiences (good or bad) with Cheapseats.com. THanks for your help.
Old Sep 7th, 2005, 12:38 PM
ira

Hi V,

Also check www.mobissimo.com
Old Sep 7th, 2005, 01:18 PM

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Direct doesn't always mean non-stop. You should make sure it says non-stop. Check out the flights on www.itasoftware.com by looking at the departure/arrival times and you will be able to figure out the airline.
Old Sep 7th, 2005, 01:20 PM

I always check kayak.com and I think CheapSeats is one of their sources. You might give them a try.
Old Sep 7th, 2005, 01:28 PM

Right now, you can get Delta for $358 on cheaptickets.com. $355 "white label" is AA for this itinerary when I check the flight times, departing 6:05p or 9:45p.

These are all non-stops.
Old Sep 7th, 2005, 03:20 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
as mentioned above, beware the word "direct" this is not the same as a "non-stop" flight. direct could involve a landing and even possibly a plane change continuing under the same flight number.
Old Sep 7th, 2005, 04:39 PM

We used Cheapseats for our tickets to Venice in early April without a hitch. They even called us on the way to the airport to tell us that there had been a change in our return itinerary made by the airline. My friend was on her cell phone with a work related conference call, and she could hear the beep for a call waiting. Cheapseats continued to call until they got through to us.