cheapest way to get from lhr-stn?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1st, 2004, 04:46 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am looking for suggestions for cheapest way (that's not too confusing) of getting from lhr-stn? Please help. Have to make decision soon.

Thanks!
Patricia
Old Jul 1st, 2004, 04:58 PM
Original Poster

Someone has to know of a cheap way to get from lhr-stn? Please?

Thanks!
Patricia
Old Jul 1st, 2004, 04:58 PM

www.nationalexpress.com
Old Jul 1st, 2004, 05:07 PM
ron

Patricia, you asked this question two weeks ago. You got the answer. It hasn't changed.
Old Jul 1st, 2004, 05:40 PM

It's actually been asked several times. Full answers here:

http://www.fodors.com/forums/threads...p;tid=34506785
Old Jul 1st, 2004, 07:02 PM
Original Poster

Ron,

I did get some answers which I am appreciative of, however, I am hoping there are other possible options. For instance, what would taxi fare cost? What would a bus trip cost (is this possible/too difficult, etc...)? Any other answers (creative, not too difficult) would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Patricia
Old Jul 1st, 2004, 08:36 PM

I think taxi fare would probably be in excess of 100 pounds, but it would certainly be a ridiculous amount, and if there were any holdups at all it would get even more ridiculous. I'm not sure what a car service would be, but take a look at some of the recommendations listed elsewhere on this board. I suspect at least 60 pounds.

The National Express is a bus and Terravision (mentioned by flanneruk in the other thread) is a bus. You can find out the prices on their web sites. I think it's about 17 pounds for the National Express.
Old Jul 1st, 2004, 09:14 PM

patriciaV2: You have asked this twice on the Europe board and once on the USA board. You don't seem to believe the advice given. As has been answered several times - the really only practical way to get between the two airports is by National Express coach. It is easy and inexpensive and any other mode is either VERY expensive (cab or car service), or pretty complicated (getting into central London and taking the train or bus to Stansted).

Old Jul 2nd, 2004, 02:47 AM

Well my dear, you say you are after "suggestions for cheapest way", but you don't seem happy with them, evidently you don't ask what you mean to ask. I'll recommend you use Aircars2000.com, around 60GBP and they'll get you there. If that's not good enough for you, you could always walk!
Old Jul 2nd, 2004, 03:09 AM

I just made that trip 4 weeks ago. I went on line and found Eddie Manning limo service. It cost somthing like 85pounds. Very expensive but in my particular situation it was the best solution. The other posters are correct the National Shuttle is the least expensive way to do this and is not difficult. But if you are tight on time hire a car. Use a low cost air carrier and spend the extra you saved on a private car service.
Old Jul 2nd, 2004, 02:02 PM
Original Poster

Thanks everyone! I was actually asking this question (whether there were alternative ways than the ones mentioned) once... (the post in the US board was a mistake) - I really shouldn't have to explain my motivations or my computer crashings though.

I do appreciate the suggestions I have received but am sure there must be alternatives that no one has mentioned and this is what I was going for. If there aren't any, then ok, but I have the right to investigate further to see if there are anymore.

Does anyone know about the regular bus lines. Is this possible at a cheap and not so difficult explanation? (I am not inquiring about National Express at this time, just general bus lines).

Thanks!
Patricia
Old Jul 2nd, 2004, 02:07 PM

My dear, buses are nationalexpress between airports - ordinary buses would involve millions of changes, you can't be so tight surely?
Old Jul 2nd, 2004, 02:12 PM

"but am sure there must be alternatives that no one has mentioned and this is what I was going for"

You have received info from some very knowledgeable posters -- including at least 2 of whom live in/near London. You won't get more suggestions - not better ones at any rate.

National Express IS a "general bus line". There isn't a local bus that would make that journey -- LHR and STN are on opposite ides of London and three counties apart. National Express REALLY is the way you want to go . . . . . .
Old Jul 2nd, 2004, 02:32 PM

Cheapest Route
The cheapest route between Heathrow and Stansted is via Central London and should be around £14 one-way and take around 2hrs 30 mins. The Stansted to London section is cheapest by AirBus, London to Heathrow by Underground. The two routes intersect at Hyde Park Corner
The Underground can be extremely crowded. The alternative Heathrow Airbus is much more comfortable but brings the fare up to around £20 and a journey of 3 hours plus.

Old Jul 2nd, 2004, 02:37 PM

Airbus is under the National Express umbrella as of 2003 or so.
Old Jul 2nd, 2004, 02:37 PM

If PatriciaV2 can't save up so she can afford the National Express then she shouldn't be travelling - you've spent upwards of 500USD on an airfare yet won't spend a far smaller amount on a transfer? Grow up!
Old Jul 2nd, 2004, 02:40 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
M_k, Go to bed would you. Haven't you pi$$ed on enough threads today?
Old Jul 2nd, 2004, 03:06 PM

Maybe M_k would offer his car and driver for the transfer!!
Old Jul 2nd, 2004, 03:16 PM

Garfield,

where did you get the 3 hour journey time from?

Patricia,

For the last time, NationalExpress.com. That's it!!!! No better options.
Old Jul 2nd, 2004, 03:39 PM

Going via Central London, underground to Hyde Park, the bus.

See: http://www.londontoolkit.com/travel/...d_transfer.htm

National Express is still the one to use, if you order online, reduce fare for over 60 years.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -