Cheap London Fares?

Old Mar 27th, 2003, 04:39 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cheap London Fares?

Have to fly to London (Belfast is my ultimate destination) unexpectantly in a couple of weeks (mid-April). I'm hitting all my usual sites, but not coming up with any great fares. Best fare so far is $545, inc. tax, from Dulles. Has anyone seen any deals from DC-London (Heathrow or Gatwick) floating around?
Old Mar 27th, 2003, 04:59 AM
LN

Hi Ann<BR>I knew I remembered seeing one!! Here it is.<BR><BR>Special Offer from Icelandair: Top 20 deal - sells out quickly! <BR>$99 -- 9 European Cities from Baltimore, Each Way * <BR>U.S. to Europe - Travel dates: April 1 through May 15<BR>Book by Monday, March 31 and fly to Europe (Reykjavik, Glasgow, London, Amsterdam, Frankfurt, Paris, Stockholm, Oslo, or Copenhagen) from Baltimore-Washington International Airport for $198 roundtrip! <BR><BR>Flights also available from New York beginning April 7. <BR><BR>Add $20 each way for flights from Thursday to Sunday. A Saturday night stay is required. All flights from the U.S. routed through Reykjavik -- a stopover may be required. Expect an extra Delivery &amp; Processing fee. <BR><BR>To Book: Click Here then click on the yellow &quot;Book Now&quot; button half-way down the page. A booking window will then pop-up. <BR><BR>Travelzoo Tip: To get the $99 fare, in the pop-up booking window, you must pick a departure date that is blue WITHOUT the shaded blue box behind it. <BR><BR>Icelandair <BR><BR><BR> <BR>
Old Mar 27th, 2003, 05:00 AM

I recently got the following in an e-mail from British Airways; hope it helps.<BR><BR>*****<BR><BR>British Airways is pleased to extend to you an exclusive offer of $100* off any of our round-trip World Traveller (economy class) fares to London when you book before March 28, 2003.<BR><BR>Spring is an inviting time to visit the United Kingdom, and British Airways would like to make it easy for you to take a break in London with $100 off your airfare, 4-star hotels starting at just $49**, and a flexible change policy to give you the confidence to make your travel plans now.<BR><BR>Survey the entire city from the British Airways London Eye, stroll through the National Gallery, or have a picnic in Hyde Park. However you decide to spend your time in Britain, rest assured that travelling on British Airways is the best way to take you there and bring you back home. <BR><BR>With our 'Travel when you are ready' policy, you will have the flexibility to change your travel dates, as long as your changes are made prior to departure***.<BR><BR>To receive your discount, you must click on http://www.britishairways.com/marchdiscount and log in to your British Airways account. Your $100 discount will be deducted from your total purchase at the time you book your flights.<BR><BR>And do hurry, this offer is only good for new bookings made through March 28, 2003.<BR><BR>
Old Mar 27th, 2003, 05:50 AM

The Iceland Air fare mentioned above may be impossible to beat. However, if you can depart by April 10, check the $249 RT Washington (DC) -London special offer at www.bestfares.com.
Old Mar 27th, 2003, 05:52 AM

Virgin is running a special that's good through April, also.