Cheap hotel in St Germain area of Paris

Old Jul 2nd, 2002, 03:53 AM
Luda

Cheap hotel in St Germain area of Paris

Hi,
Can anybody reccomend a reasonably priced hotel in the St Germain area of Paris - I don't want luxury, small and clean would be fine. I'd like to be near the St Michel metro stop if possible...
Any recommendations gratefully received.

Thanks

Old Jul 2nd, 2002, 04:15 AM
Sue

Hotel du Lys, 23 rue Serpente, fits your description exactly! In May it was 105 euro for a double, 95 for single. It is my favorite budget hotel in the area. Charming little place, well located, etc. I'm at work and don't have the phone or fax # (no email address), but imagine you can get it on google. Mentioned in both Cheap Sleeps and Nat'n Geo. Traveler Mag.

Old Jul 2nd, 2002, 04:54 AM
Luda

thanks Sue - you're a star!
I'll go and do some investigating...

Old Jul 2nd, 2002, 11:02 AM
Christina

I think a couple other good choices in that area are Hotel Eugenie, HOtel St-Andre des Arts and Delhy's (for real cheap, it's only 1-star, the others are 2). If you are willing to go a little farther, near Odeon metro, try Michelet Odeon or Grand Hotel des Balcons.

Old Jul 2nd, 2002, 02:21 PM
dfc

Try Hotel Europe St Severin, corner St Severin and rue de la Harpe. Website http://www.hoteleurope.net/. I stayed there in April. It is about a block or so from the St Michel metro stop. I enjoyed the hotel and location. It was clean and price for single was 84 euro.

Old Jul 2nd, 2002, 03:20 PM
Sue

Luda, the phone # for du Lys is:
33 1 43 26 97 57
Fax is: 33 1 44 07 34 90

It's about a 2 min. walk from St. Michel metro. Earlier today I topped another post which provides more detail about the hotel.

Old Jul 4th, 2002, 09:58 PM
Cindy

Luda, try Hotel du Dragon, in the heart of the Germain area. Clean, comfy double room en suite was about $90. Near two metro stops, lots of shopping, walking distance to many sites.