Notices

Cheap airfares to Rome?

Old Jun 13th, 1999, 07:39 PM
Linda

Cheap airfares to Rome?

Two of us are going to Rome in September/October 1999. I'm looking for cheap/inexpensive airfares to Rome from San Francisco. There are so many airfare web sites. Has anyone had any luck with a particular site or airline in obtaining inexpensive tickets? Thanks for the help.

Old Jun 14th, 1999, 07:33 PM
karie

Try www.travelocity.com.

Old Jun 14th, 1999, 07:34 PM
karie

Hi, Linda. Try www.travelocity.com.

Old Jun 14th, 1999, 07:34 PM
karie

Try www.travelocity.com.

Old Jun 15th, 1999, 11:53 AM
lisa

www.bestfares.com

Old Jun 15th, 1999, 04:43 PM
Linda

Great. I will check them out. Thanks for the help.

Old Jun 16th, 1999, 08:36 AM
Richard

call 'cheap tickets' they always seem to have a bargin. 800 377 1000.

also if you are in SF call or stop by COUNCIL TRAVEL on bush street. they always have cheap airfares. They are on bush near stockton, across from the sutter/stockton garage. 800 226 8624.

Old Jun 16th, 1999, 09:58 AM
Cheryl Z.

Linda, consider too flying into Milan. Rome is one of the most expensive cities to fly into from over here.

Old Jun 16th, 1999, 11:20 AM
Tricia

Be sure to visit www.eurotrip.com- click on message boards, then Cheap Flight Forum- we post specials as we find them. We also like www.tiss.com, www.lowestfare.com and be sure to peruse BestFares website as you will find who is having a sale. www.bestfares.com For instance Lufthansa is currently having an auction on 6/17 and 6/17 for high season tickets and you can upgrade to business class for $499. I perused the site today and there are some out of San Francisco. They are www.lufthansa-usa.com- if you can't find the auction info e mail me as all data is now on view.

Old Jun 17th, 1999, 10:02 AM
adam

Two suggestions: 1) Luxair (1-888-4luxair) I'm going July 1 from Newark to Rome for $485. Don't know about Luxair in SF.
2) while searching for fairs, came across new west-coast outfit CityBird which quoted some great fares between $6-$700 to Rome from SF. (They put me onto Luxair from Eastcoast)

Old Jun 17th, 1999, 06:19 PM
lynn

Linda -

Adam mentioned CityBird above and I can happily report they were very good. If you get a good fare from them don't hesitate to try it. Better than others we have flown such as USAir and United. The seats were comfortable, staff was friendly, and then even gave out little ice cream bars during one of the movie showings.

We flew them to Brussels last September. I believe they are actually a Belgian airline and not based in the U.S. When we were checking last year, they had 2-3 flights running each week. They are very new, only 2-3 years old. I believe Luftansa does the maintenance as they are so small they don't have their own staff yet.

Also, Bestfares is very helpful. I highly recommend checking with them although as a non-member you won't be privy to all the details.

Good Luck

Old Jun 17th, 1999, 08:53 PM
Linda

Hi all, thanks very much for the air fare suggestions. They are great!!!

Old Jun 19th, 1999, 07:34 AM
Tricia

sending up

Old Jun 19th, 1999, 07:34 AM
Tricia

sending up

Old Jun 20th, 1999, 09:42 AM
Walter

Linda, I can't get into Alitalia's web site with webtv, but I saw recently (2days) that they are starting non-stop service from I *believe* SF to Rome(Milan?) (maybe LA-Milan/Rome?). But they were offering a special introductory rate. Try their site www.alitaliausa.com/ click-on "Special Promos & Fares" maybe it will be there. HTH Regards, Walter