Chateau Talaud wedding

Old May 9th, 2001, 08:19 AM
Nadine

Chateau Talaud wedding

We are planning our wedding for August 2002 at Chateau Talaud in Provence. We are interested in hearing from anyone who has stayed there for their impressions about the rooms, the cottage, garden, pool etc. Also, has anyone taken the hot-air balloon ride from Talaud? Thanks.

Old May 9th, 2001, 09:25 AM
Bob

This place is on our short list for a upcoming trip. Karen Brown's Guides had a nice writeup, said the bedrooms were spacious. Back in 02/01 someone on this site said that "the rooms and grounds are every bit as nice as they appear on their website". Look for the hot-air balloon ride to be $200 to $250 each. In case you don't have it their web site is http://www.avignon-et-provence.com/c.../gb/index.html

Old May 9th, 2001, 02:13 PM
karen

We have reservations to stay at Chateau Talaud at the end of the month. I would be happy to post our impressions when we get back. We have been in contact with Conny since we made the bookings in February. She has always been prompt with her responses, helpful and friendly. We are looking forward to our visit.

Old May 12th, 2001, 05:47 AM
Kim

Nadine: My wife and I stayed at Chateau Talaud in May of 1999. We were celebrating our 10th anniversary with a trip to Paris and Provence. I found Chateau Talaud on the Avignon-et-Provence website and made arrangements by e-mail. When we arrived from Avignon we were taken with both the location and the beauty of the property. It's a wonderfully maintained 18th century chateau surrounded by a working vineyard. The interior is beautifully decorated and the grounds are lovely. It would make a wonderful setting for your wedding. The owners are very accomodating and I'm sure will make your visit memorable. We stayed in the "Yellow Room" on the third floor with a fabulous view of the front grounds and vineyard. I believe I'm the one that commented previously about how nice the property is. The location is good for touring L'isle-sur-la Sorgue, Gordes, Roussillon, Apt, etc. There is a nice Italian restaurant just down the street from the chateau that has outside seating with decent meals at reasonable prices. Make sure you take home a bottle of one of the chateau's wines to celebrate your first anniversary! Good luck and congratulations!

Old May 14th, 2001, 05:12 AM
Kim

Topping for Nadine, Bob and Karen. Just in case you missed this.