Reload this Page >

Channel tunnel trip??

Search

Channel tunnel trip??

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19th, 2000, 08:21 PM
Brett

Channel tunnel trip??

My wife and I will be in London for 2 weeks next March. We would like to take the "chunnel" to Paris for part of the time. Any information on ticket prices, etc??? Anyone's past experiences with this trip?

Old Nov 19th, 2000, 10:43 PM
Burta

Brett: <BR> <BR>Try http://www.eurostar.com for chunnel train info. This a fast, pleasant way to travel the London/Paris route. It gets you to and from the center of each city very comfortably. Cheaper and more enjoyable than flying.

Old Nov 20th, 2000, 03:07 AM
Kathy

It's the only way to go! It's wonderful...but the food is very dissappointing!

Old Nov 20th, 2000, 03:58 AM
Lisa

I will be taking the Chunnel in January during a surprise trip for my husband so I have done all the research. The chunnel is the easiest way to travel to Paris. <BR>The trip on the "Eurostar" will run you $199.00 1st class (private) and $119.00 2nd class.(crowded). <BR>It will take approx. 3 hours. <BR>Call 1800-660-5300 or the Web,www.eurorail.com for the schedule. <BR>Enjoy! Lisa

Old Nov 20th, 2000, 09:18 PM
Stan

Brett: <BR> <BR>Great way to travel. Highly recommend it.

Old Nov 21st, 2000, 08:30 AM
sam

I disagree with the poster above about 2nd class being crowded. I do believe that 1st class may have more room, but 2nd class is not like a cattle car. I took it a year ago and it was a very nice ride. If you travel during the week, it will expecially not be crowded. If you travel on a Friday night, every train in the world is crowded. I also found that if you make the overseas phonecall and talk to the local UK sales office, you get a better deal and also get a better understanding on if the ticket is cancelable or not, or is it cheaper to buy 1 way or 2 way. Look on the web.

Old Nov 21st, 2000, 09:02 AM
Steve

Hello, <BR> <BR>We used the Eurostar (2nd class) last month from Paris to London and back. The good: comfy seats, pleasent ride, view of the French and English countryside (well farmland anyway). The bad: The food(bring your own), the cost..we paid $160 or so incl taxes for round trip (my friend is an airline employee)...Bottom line easy and reasonable and very relaxing.

Old Nov 21st, 2000, 12:20 PM
lela

We took the Eurostar from London to Paris and loved every minute of it! I had always wanted to take a nice train trip, the kind of train trip you see in the movies! Some friends convinced us that the first class ticket was worth a splurge, so we rode first class and had a ball. <BR> <BR>We had large, reclining seats which faced each other across a table with a lamp. We were served breakfast, which I found fine, no complaints about the food, and the ride was incredibly smooth. Hard to believe you are going so fast. It was one of the most memorable moments of our trip, we were actually (momentarily) disappointed when the ride ended and we arrived in Paris. <BR> <BR>Check out the Rail Europe web site and see if you can purchase discounted Eurostar tickets in conjunction with other rail tickets (like a Britrail pass, for example). Have fun!