changeover at Heathrow

Sep 23rd, 2001, 09:51 PM
J

changeover at Heathrow

I have a trip booked for Oct which will involve me flying from Lisbon to London (Heathrow) with a 1 hour 20 layover before a flight from London to Melbourne, all on BA. Not sure if this is going to be enough time. Can anyone shed any light?

Sep 24th, 2001, 01:15 AM
alreadydone

I have already done this type of connection in LHR. There is nothing to worry about (except maybe some longer line at security).

You will arrive at Terminal 4 and leave from it. If I remember correctly, once you leave the arrival area, going to transfer toward any terminal, you have immediatly to your right a corridor back to T4. Here you go through security check and then you are in the departure area.

From the moment you leave your plane to the moment when you are in front of the boarding gate, count on 15 minutes

Sep 24th, 2001, 03:42 AM
xxx

Please see the adjusted BA transfer times (2 hours within Heathrow)

http://www.british-airways.com/news/index.shtml#6

Sep 26th, 2001, 05:08 AM
pat

Because you are no longer allowed to check in baggage through to your final destination ( you must retrieve it and check in again) it takes more time. My relatives flew to France through Heathrow last week and even though they had 2 hours they were not able to make their connections. Hopefully this will not be the case for you.

Sep 26th, 2001, 05:40 AM
xxx

British-Airways has updated its website today for connection information. You may want to check it.