Ceremony of the Keys

Search

Ceremony of the Keys

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31st, 2003, 01:30 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ceremony of the Keys

We are making a trip to London from the US March 12-24. I am wondering if there is still time to request and receive tickets for the Ceremoney of the Keys at the Tower of London. Would also enjoy feedback as to whether it is worthwhile. We will have our kids ages 17, 15 and 8 with us. Thanks!
Old Jan 31st, 2003, 01:49 PM

I am also going to be there then. I don't know if they still have tickets available (or if it is "worthwhile&quot but I can tell you that I received my tickets, for my first choice of dates, only 10 days after I sent away for them. I had been told it took weeks or months but in my case it was just over one week. I got mine in November. It's worth a try. Everyone that I know who has been said it was wonderful. Good luck.
Old Jan 31st, 2003, 08:48 PM
Noel

I had the opportunity of attending this ceremony last June and can say that it was, indeed, wonderful. By all means give it a try. I know they do allow only a certain number to attend each evening but it's worth a try.<BR><BR>Good luck!<BR>Melissa

Old Feb 3rd, 2003, 11:39 AM

I have attended this ceremony on three occasions and each one was wonderful. I would certainly give it a try. You are asked to give 3 dates and it's true they do limit the # of people, but certainly do try.
Old Feb 4th, 2003, 07:20 AM

I thought it was great! Its not that long of a ceremony but its worth the visit. We went in the winter, at night with the fog added alot to the mood of the Tower. We had a great guide and he did an excellent job walking us through the ceremony. I think the kids would love it. We walked over the Tower Bridge afterwards for the night view, I felt pretty safe walking around. No problem getting tickets in the winter.