cefalu hotel for one night

Apr 11th, 2007, 08:48 AM
Original Poster

cefalu hotel for one night

Hi,

Sorry for so many questions -- you are all simply amazing. With Fodorites help, I have been all over Europe and southern Africa (for a month) with my daughters and now am trying to plan a wonderful trip for the wonderful husband!

What is the best hotel or B&B in or near Cefalu ? We just need comfortable bed, reasonably quiet and try to find special places when we can. We will be driving over from Trapani and husband wants to go to Cefalu for overnight and the next day to wander with his camera and then back to drop car in Palermo for 4 nights before going home.

Thanks so very much!!
Bonnie
Apr 11th, 2007, 09:28 AM

B&B Ma e Mi is very plesant for one night. It's right in the historical center and has nice view.
http://www.maemi.it/
Apr 11th, 2007, 11:15 AM
Original Poster

I am trying to find the most comfortable/interesting place -- do you know b&b atlantide (high marks on venere), casanova in town, villa gaia, or alberi dei paradiso? Thanks mimi.
Apr 11th, 2007, 11:20 AM
italianconcierge

Tusa nearby Cefalu has a wonderful small Hotel Art. Every room is decorated by a famous artist and all a re different.
Where are you staying in Trapani? Will you make it over to Levanzo? this is a must see stop to visit the Grotto del Genovese ( discovvered in the 50's) It houses petroglyphs and pictographs dating from 12,000-7,000BC! Worth the day excursion from Trapani.

Apr 11th, 2007, 11:37 AM

Bonnie, we know Atlantide. We absolutely loved it - it made our stay in Cefalu so wonderful. The views are stupendous. I HIGHLY recommend it. In fact, we were there last three years ago and are still in regular contact with the owner, Claudio. He taught himself to speak English.

When we return to Cefalu we will not even consider staying elsewhere.
Apr 11th, 2007, 11:39 AM

Casanova is in the center and is nice. The others are all very nice, but a ways out of the center. For staying one day, I think you should be in the center. Also - Gabbiano on the lungomare is a nice restaurant. We always end up there. You can also find some good videos on youtube.com of Cefalu. Just keyword search Cefalu.
Apr 11th, 2007, 11:43 AM
Original Poster

thanks,
we will email atlantide and casanova and try the restaurant in the center.
Bonnie
Apr 11th, 2007, 11:53 AM
Original Poster

do you have claudio's email address at Atlantide? can he respond to email in English?
thanks,
Bonnie
Apr 11th, 2007, 12:02 PM

His email address is the one on the website.

It may help to have him meet you when you arrive as his place is not exactly easy to find but believe me, it is worth it.

I would be very interested to know whether you book with him or not. If so, please tell him the people from Canada say hi (I won't mention our names).
Apr 11th, 2007, 12:05 PM

Forgot to mention - the breakfast that is included is small. We were just served juice boxes and croissants so you might.

It it quiet, comfortable and inexpensive.
Apr 11th, 2007, 12:09 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the Atlantide about 5 miles up the hill out of town?
Apr 11th, 2007, 12:10 PM
Original Poster

will pass along the greetings if we stay there! we travel a lot and ask others to do the same for us

I guess I would have to go to town for my morning coffee

Bonnie
Apr 11th, 2007, 12:22 PM

It is out of town, up a hill, but that made absolutely no difference to us. We did daytrips from there and spent evenings and mornings in town.

We celebrated our wedding anniversary while there and Claudio arranged a special (and enormous) meal for us at his friend's restaurant. He made our stay extra special!
Apr 11th, 2007, 05:18 PM
Original Poster

claudio's place sounds perfect and when I sent regards from his friends in Canada, he was beyond excited!! "do you know the --- ?" I explained that we are fellow internet travel advisors. we love to share our special places, too. And a few miles from town is fine. looking forward to it.

Now if we can find a wonderful spot in trapani/marsala, we will be all set!

I will report back when we return.

Thanks all!!

Bonnie
Apr 11th, 2007, 07:59 PM

Bonnie, you just made my day. You will be pleased with Claudio - he is kindness itself. Please, please tell us all about it when you return! We would just love to see him again.

Afraid I cannot help you with Trapani but we did stay in Erice which is close by. It is a charming medieval village that is so much fun to wander around - great photo ops!

What a thrill to spend time in Sicily. You are sure to have a fantastic time.
Apr 11th, 2007, 09:41 PM
Original Poster

where did you stay in erice? i will give claudio big hugs from you! and report back on my return.
Apr 12th, 2007, 08:03 AM

Bonnie, I will look for the website for the place in Erice. It was cute - a little apartment with very old handmade floor tiles and a wee balcony. However, there was a drawback - we were fairly close to the church which meant bells! They rang regularly throughout the night so if you are a light sleeper (like me) I would look elsewhere.

Thank you again for conveying our greetings to Claudio - as you can tell, we really hit it off.
Apr 13th, 2007, 06:54 AM
Original Poster

Can't wait to meet Claudio. I have found another new off the radar place in modica that I am also excited about.

if you get the info on erice flat before noon saturday est that would be great. don't mind the "atmospherics" -- love staying in special places -- B
Apr 17th, 2007, 02:14 PM
Original Poster

thanks all very much.

Search this Thread