CDG to hotel for 4 adults

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9th, 2010, 11:21 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We generally take a taxi into Paris but there will be 4 of us. Is a shuttle better/cheaper than a taxi? I assume no taxi will take all 4 or us, or am I wrong about that? We've never done the RER before. Plus we are staying at an apt in the 7th near the Eiffel Tower and I wonder if there are any metro stops near there. Thanks!!
Old Mar 9th, 2010, 11:32 AM

Plenty of taxis will take four, or more people. There are station wagons and minivan taxis galore in the Taxi Parisien fleet. I assume for 4, a taxi would be cheaper than a shuttle, but I'm not positive of that. It should run about 50-60 euro, depending on day and time, plus a bit for bags.

There are lots of métro stops in the 7ème, but you'd need to be more specific than "near the Eiffel Tower" to find out which one would be closest to your hotel.
Old Mar 9th, 2010, 11:33 AM

There are two points of view here. Oneis...you are tired, with luggage, take a shuttle or taxi. The other is, with good public transit, taking the RER to city is fast and cheap.

So it's a matter of...what you feel comfortable with. I've taken public transit to my hotel/apt. most of my trips. There was space to put my luggage and sit down.

www.ratp.com has a good planner to plot a trip from the airport in. Depnding on where you are, it may be a combination of the RER and the Metro. You are never very far from a public transit station.

There are also buses that go to pre-determined stops in the city. From there, tyou woudl Metro/RER/cab it. the Air France buses and the Roissybus are two that offer this service.

If you decide on public transit, we can help you plot a route, given your destination
Old Mar 9th, 2010, 12:24 PM
Original Poster

The apartment is at Rue de Monttessuy. The closest metro would be ? Thank you for the good advice so far. It looks like a shuttle would be about 65 euros each way.
Old Mar 9th, 2010, 01:51 PM

You are right at the Eiffel. Nearest RER is Pont D'Alma. From there, walk down three blocks.

Pont d'Alma is on RER 'C' line. The CDG RER line is RER 'B', so you would need to transfer.

So...RER B from CDG to St Michel, then walk over to RER 'C' line from there (3 stops).
Old Mar 9th, 2010, 02:05 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
hi rbnwdlr,

with 4 people and their associated luggage in a city I didn't know it'd be the taxi for me every time.

on the way back, I might think about the RER, and then book the taxi.

the RER will be €8.50 each, each way - €34 x 2 in other words - approx half the cost of the taxi.

not wanting to change lines with luggage is one of teh reasons why i have booked a hotel near the RER B line for our trip next week - we'll only have carry on but I still prefer not to have to trapse around foreign cities with luggage.

have a great trip,

regards, ann