Search

CDG to Chantilly

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14th, 2006, 10:01 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CDG to Chantilly

Hello,

My wife and I are flying into CGD in Paris and would like to go visit the Chateaux at Chantilly before making our way back to our hotel in Paris. I’ve searched and can not seem to track down how to get from the airport to Chantilly and from Chantilly back to Paris. Our hotel in Paris is in the Rue Cler neighborhood. If anyone has advice on how to get there, or where to check for schedules, I would be very appreciative. Thank you!
Old Aug 14th, 2006, 10:04 AM

Bus CDG to Creil then train to Chantilly i believe but not sure.
Chantilly-Paris a snap - lots of trains take about 45 mins to Gare du Nord where you can change to a panoply of metro/RER lines.
schedules: www.voyages-sncf.com
Old Aug 15th, 2006, 07:20 AM

anyone got a more definitive response?
Old Aug 15th, 2006, 09:05 AM

It's not that far, I'd just take a taxi myself (about 15 k).

I don't know about buses to Creil, possibly, or maybe even a bus there. I wouldn't fool with that myself, as by train, you'd take the RER from CDG into Gare du Nord, and from there get a small suburban train to Chantilly. I wouldn't think you'd save any time given how frequent and quick the runs are to Gare du Nord.
Old Aug 15th, 2006, 09:23 AM

According to viamichelin.com, it's 27km from CDG to Chantilly and the driving time is about half an hour. Even if there is bus service to Creil, a taxi directly to Chantilly sounds like a good choice to me (and when it comes to public transportation, I normally pick the cheapest option). Then take the RER back to Paris.
Old Aug 15th, 2006, 09:28 AM

There even may be mini-buses from CDG to Chantilly as there are such buses, cheaper than taxis and about as convenient, to many cities from CDG. My relatives even take one occasionally from Orleans, a much longer way out, but i don't know the reference to find them. But i think Christina and TimS have given the best solutions.
One problem with going to Chantilly directly is you'll have your bags with you presumable - a bit of a hassle - you could go into Paris via RER and stash bags in Gare du Nord left luggage and then train out to Chantilly baggage free. No storage at Chantilly train station. Probably chateau entrance may keep them but not sure in today's terrorism alert scheme of things.
Old Aug 15th, 2006, 09:56 AM

PalQ makes a good point about luggage. If you can't store it at the chateau, then it looks like you'll have to take the RER to Gare du Nord first and then backtrack to Chantilly.

When you leave Chantilly, take a train to Gare du Nord. (You'll need to transfer there whether or not you have luggage to pick up.) Then take Metro line 4 (direction Porte d'Orleans) to Strasbourg-St-Denis. Transfer to Metro line 8 (direction Balard) and take it to either la Tour Maubourg or Ecole Militaire, depending upon which station is closer to your hotel.

Visit www.ratp.fr to download and print a Metro/RER map for central Paris.
Old Sep 2nd, 2006, 05:18 PM

I happen to be researching the same issue. I'm meeting someone in Paris. They arrive at CDG early morning with a whole day to kill before I arrive. They would like to spend the day in Chantilly or Senlis.

I assume they can get a cab from CDG. But do you think there would be a problem finding a Chantilly taxi to bring them back to CDG that evening?