CDG/Paris-Duty free shops

Old Oct 5th, 2002, 05:45 AM
kate

CDG/Paris-Duty free shops

Can Longchamp bags and Dipytique candles be purchased at the duty free shops? Also, can someone give me an idea of what other items are available at the DF shops (other than liquor, cigarettes and the standard cosmetics). Thanks for your help and time.

Old Oct 5th, 2002, 06:07 AM
Rex

You can buy caviar, foie gras. some cheeses and other French specialty food items. But certainly not at a saving. The prices on wines are astronomical for good bottles, and ridiculous on inferior ones.

Instead of "Grands Vins de Bordeaux", the labels should read "Grands Prix de l'Aeroport".

Hope you get other better shopping opportunities besides just the airport!

Best wishes,

Rex

Old Oct 5th, 2002, 08:27 AM
Wesley

Does the USDA restrict US citizens from bringing in caviar? Or anyone else, for that matter?

Old Oct 5th, 2002, 08:54 AM
John

Agree with Rex post above. Duty free shops a complete rip off . Only good for using up a few leftover euros to buy chocolate to eat on your flight home. You can buy just aboutanything though if you've fogotten a gift for someone but you WILL pay premium price.
Have a great trip

Old Oct 5th, 2002, 12:53 PM
Christina

It seems to me they have a lot of stuff at CDG, from clothing and accessories to candy, cookies, tableware, children's clothing, perfume, jewelry and watches, etc. They have a small boutique from Galeries Lafayette, as I recall. I think duty-free shops are usually tourist traps.

Old Oct 5th, 2002, 12:57 PM
JOdy

Agree, especially on perfumes and colognes...I can buy them cheaper from my local Perfumania or from their online store. I check the shops in town for liquors and such!

I bought limoncello in a grocery in Rome for about $7.00 , the cheapest at the duty free 18.00 !

Sometimes they do have good prices on single malt promotions..but you can get better elsewhere!

Old Oct 5th, 2002, 06:16 PM
Betsy

I saw Longchamps bags at the CDG DF, but they were more expensive than the one I bought at Galleries Lafayette. I always buy Henri Bardouin pastis there.

Old Oct 6th, 2002, 05:08 PM
toppers

up

Old Oct 6th, 2002, 05:38 PM
StCirq

Also remember that CDG has two terminals. The duty free shops at terminal 1 are pretty inferior to those at terminal 2, in case duty-free shopping is of great interest to you. Personally, I hardly ever shop at DF places, as the prices are so astronomical. Unless I'm trying to get rid of a foreign currency before I leave France, I don't bother, except for the Relay stores, where I stock up on French magazines.