casual bars in Athens?

Search

casual bars in Athens?

Search this Thread

Old May 2nd, 2004, 01:27 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
casual bars in Athens?

My friend and I are planning a trip to Greece for the Olympics. We're in our early 20's...but definitely not the type to go TOO crazy when it comes to going out to clubs. We're more of the kind of people that just want to go to a bar or lounge and hang out, NOT dance the night away at a techno bar!!

Any suggestions where the best bars/lounges are? Thanks guys!!
Old May 2nd, 2004, 02:54 PM

Alexander's Bar in Hotel Grande Bretagne serves superb cocktails, and is patronised by beautiful people, perhaps a little older than you, but none the less worth a try for a different more elegant evening.
Old May 2nd, 2004, 03:59 PM

I'm curious, have you booked your rooms yet?
Old May 4th, 2004, 07:56 AM
Original Poster

brotherleelove2004,

Thanks to my mother's AMAZING best friend, we are staying at her apartment in Kolonaki, free of charge. Her and her family are leaving Athens for the two weeks of the Olympics and are allowing my friend and I to come and go as we please. I'm forever grateful! My uncle has been trying to find hotels and is having a VERY hard time. It seems that he will also have to stay with friends.

Will you be there for the Olympics?
Old May 4th, 2004, 10:45 AM

There are many places you can go. You can go to Psirri, there are many bars to hang out. But, I suggest you should go to other places as well, such as in Kifisia or Palaio Faliro and Mikrolimano. I am not going to name any bars, you will be able to choose whatever you want. But if you want something crazy, you should go to Paraliaki, near Glyfada. Major clubs are located over there. You will be able to find many bars close to Kolonaki or choose some other areas, such as Bournazi, Haidari, Amebelokipi, etc. Not to mention 'Exo' Club near Zappeio (in the centre of Athens) where people in your age go there. However, most people in your age usually go to major clubs, such as Envy, 22, and so forth. Have a good time!
Old May 4th, 2004, 03:37 PM

How incredibly fortunate you are! Sadly my plans to come to Greece this year fell through. I hope you have a fantastic time, how could you not??