Getting tickets to La Scala before they are for sale online

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1st, 2018, 08:17 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are going to Rome in June 2019 and added on a leg to Milan because my birthday present is seeing Verdi at La Scala. We can only go on June 18. The tickets go on sale in April online at noon Milan time; they are on sale at 9 AM in Milan. I’ve heard that getting tickets for specific performance is unpredictable. Does anyone know of a reliable agency for getting tickets, or any other way? There’s a page of authorized agencies on the La Scala site. How do I know my best chance? Our hotel is small, doesn’t have a concierge to do it.
Old Aug 1st, 2018, 08:41 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
MY experience has only been with buying LaScala tickets on line at the LaScala website. I have never ever had any problems whatsoever with getting tickets for the specific performances I wanted to see. IMO the only "unpredictable" part is:

you may not get the particular seating section you want and you may have to pay more, or less, to even get a seat. If subscriptions have already exhausted a particular type of seat you and I are not probably going to get one since the site won't even offer them.

I cannot attest to any agencies other than some which are also on line such as music-opera.com which I have also used for some venues but unless LaScala has released tickets to such an agency to sell in advance of their own sales opening then that probably won't work. But try going there to see what might be available just in case.

I am sorry I cannot be more helpful than this. I'm the one who gets up in the middle of the night when those tickets go on sale and log in and buy them. Good luck. LaScala is worth both the money and possibly a lack of sleep on your part.

Last edited by Dukey1; Aug 1st, 2018 at 08:44 AM.
Old Aug 3rd, 2018, 02:44 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks!

it’s reassuring to think we’d get in at all. Too bad there’s not an opera or Italian version of Stubhub. The La Scala site has a long list of authorized agencies. I read in one place that they serve Italians who can’t go online to buy seats. I just wonder if some agencies buy tickets in Milan when they go on sale in Milan at 9 am (3 hours before online) to sell at a higher price. Official sites are allowed a 20% markup; I imagine some charge more.