Castle Eltz + Black Forest Itinerary Help

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5th, 2022, 03:53 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Please help me figure out how to manage four full days in Germany, hoping to see these:

Burg Eltz
Black forest and surrounding attractions
Bavaria (no place in particular, just somewhere charming and highly Bavarian feeling)

I'm purposely vague because I'm up for just about anything that checks those boxes. I'm just struggling with figuring out what will be most efficient and what is really doable. Bavaria I'm willing to part with if it's not ideal to work in. Thank you for any suggestions!
Old Mar 6th, 2022, 07:04 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
It might help if you advise where you are starting and finishing in the area.

Also a date or two. Winter is very different to summer

Any interests like wine, beer, spas etc
Old Mar 6th, 2022, 12:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes, more information required - where are you coming from beforehand, where to afterwards? You are talking about three totally separate areas, which will take some hours of travel to get between. And will you have a car? I would recommend it for this trip (although if you are jetlagged, don't drive on the first day). A large chunk of your 4 days is probably travel. If you were coming from Frankfurt, your first day might be getting over jetlag somewhere near the airport (Mainz?). The next day, pick up the car (airport) and get to the Mosel valley. I am going to suggest that you do Burg Eltz in the afternoon. Then perhaps drive down to Trier and stay the night. See Trier in the morning and in the afternoon drive to Baden-Baden. Day 4 - explore Black Forest towns, maybe Triburg and Gengenbach, or just Baden-Baden if it takes your fancy. Drive back to Frankfurt (if that is your departure point). This may vary depending on your start and end points, and your interests but is one example of how you might make it work. It doesn't include Bavaria, but you could do a similar itinerary for Bavaria by going across to Heidelberg instead of Baden-Baden and then perhaps picking up Bamberg or Nuremberg.

You can certainly improve on this itinerary - harlequindolly, what do you say?

Lavandula