Castelli Romano for lunch

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17th, 2005, 05:20 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Franzia, I just read where you posted that you went there sometimes on Sunday for lunch. I'll be in that area for 3 or 4 day sin May. Where is your favorite restaurant? Also, is there anything special to do in Frascati? (Besides drink their wonderful white wine!)
Old Jan 17th, 2005, 05:23 AM
Original Poster

Oops, I meant " Grinisa"!
Old Jan 17th, 2005, 05:34 AM

My favorite restaurant in Frascati is Cacciani on Via Diaz 15. They have a beautiful shaded terrace overlooking the hills with Rome far off in the distance. Food is wonderful. Order the specialty of the house, a light and flavorful chicken friccasee and you will get a free handpainted plate because this restaurant is a member of the Buon Ricordo Society. As for Frascati, it's a delightful town. There is a small market on Sundays, some interesting churches and you can tour the gardens of some of the large estates.
Old Jan 17th, 2005, 06:27 AM
Original Poster

Grinisa,
Thank you so much for the information. You have made my day!
Do you know if we can get to Frascati from Castelgandolfo (where we have an apartment) on the bus? Or train? If so, we won't have to get a driver.

I have wanted one of those plates so this is exactly the information that I needed.

Thank you again,

Carol / Brahmama
Old Jan 17th, 2005, 06:36 AM

Carol, as I recall, the same train line that goes from Termini to Frascati continues to Castel Gandolfo so I imagine it would return the other way. Not sure about the bus. Enjoy your lunch and be aware that once you start collecting those plate, you can't stop.
Old Jul 23rd, 2005, 06:44 AM
Original Poster

I have been negligent in giving follow-up information to threads after having benefited by the information given to ME before a trip!

We are back from Castelli Romano (more particularly Castel Ganfolfo). We found a wonderful place to eat that I would recommened if you are staying in the area or taking a Sunday drive. First of all - do make a reservation and ask for the seats overlooking the volcanic lake.

It is: Antico Ristorante Pagnanelli - started in 1882 and wonderful to this day. Our friends from Rome met us here on a Sunday and had made reservations or we never would have gotten a good table and maybe not a table at all. We were seated on the balcony overlooking the volcanic lake. What a gorgeous view and what outstanding food. They are particularly known for their fish - and we had 3 courses of their fish!
I hope you get to go and enjoy it as much as we did. They have a wonderful webpage with more information.
Hope this info helps someone!
Carol